Wish we could replace OL coach with???

Matt E

GT Athlete
Don't care what he did. He loves GT and would bust his tail for the institute. Lastly and most importantly, Brent Key was one nasty SOB on the field. We could use a little of that among our guys on the line.

Butler22

Georgia Tech Fan
I love it Matt...we are on the same wavelength!

Don't care what he did. He loves GT and would bust his tail for the institute. Lastly and most importantly, Brent Key was one nasty SOB on the field. We could use a little of that among our guys on the line.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
No thanks. He could have recruited just as effectively without the lazy low blows. Those words would repeatedly bight him on the *** on the recruiting trail if he ever did return. Burned bridge now.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... So his comments about Tech don't mean anything?
Either He's selling his soul to get a recruit when going against GT, or he doesn't tell the truth.
Just saying...

Techster

Helluva Engineer

You tell that to the guy who he used those "tactics" against, and would be the guy to hire him...CPJ.

Matt E

GT Athlete
Oh my goodness, you mean he may have hurt someone's feelings? Good grief. Brent is still a very young coach and I'm sure is coming into his own. Perhaps as a young assistant he was more apt to negative recruiting? Maybe it's different, but as a parallel, a less seasoned sales person will often times do the same instead of focusing on what is great about their product/school/etc.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer

If he loves GT so much, why did he run it down every chance he could on the recruiting trail? There are other ways to make your program look better to a recruit. And don't think for a minute that's lost on CPJ.

Matt E

GT Athlete
If he loves GT so much, why did he run it down every chance he could on the recruiting trail? There are other ways to make your program look better to a recruit. And don't think for a minute that's lost on CPJ.

I don't know....perhaps his financial well being depending on getting kids to come to UCF and not GT? My point is in a young assistants career I'm not shocked that perhaps he went over the line. Recruiting is a business, it's not personal. If he learned from those cases I'm all good. Are we to believe that we have never had a GT coach negative recruit or speak ill toward another program? Perhaps we are so nice and proper that never happens?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
good luck getting them hired at the programs they previously bashed....negative recruiting happens...it's acceptable....just don't plan to work where u bashed before.....that will just be used against you later to great affect

Matt E

GT Athlete
This thread is going nowhere fast.

Hah! Agreed. Bottom line is it doesn't matter either way. Key is OC at UCF and will most likely move into a OC job at a smaller school. CPJ wouldn't want Brent regardless of his prior comments. If he replaces either OL coach he will go with someone that's coached in the options system.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Brent to me loves Tech about as much as Luginbill does. I don't think in an ideal situation CPJ hires him.

I like this guy http://www.goairforcefalcons.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/clay_hendrix_285488.html

Clay Hendrix used to coach at Furman and is from Ga. Been at Air Force for 9 years fits with the academy mentality some of our coaches still have in teaching.

Only problem is he is an Associate Head Coach of AF so may be hard to tear him away.