Will we can Brian Gregory

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Gregory has not officially gotten the Axe... Has the decision been made? No doubt....but it's not official yet.

I'm confused E. KQ says he gone. :rolleyes:

In other news, my sources tell me the sun will come up tomorrow. Am I an insider now?

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
Please. Had to kick GRJr off for discharging a firearm, with an Assistant Coach that CBG brought from Dayton who had problems at Dayton. Bolden had a DUI. BBC transfers out of literally nowhere. He brings Solo in a semester early, burns eligibility while the kid is injured and then runs him off. Bolden gets suspended at the end of the season for who knows what.

Bruce Pearl hosted recruits at his home for BBQ.

Now im not saying he is a bad dude. CBG is a class act regardless of a previous comment i made about senior night. Overall, good guy. But lets calm down before we make him a saint. Hes made his fair share of mistakes.
+++

I don't know why CBG gets so much credit for getting juniors and seniors as transfers instead of recruiting top notch freshmen, and losing players through suspensions and transfers instead of to the NBA.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
he got a break by landing a job he didnt deserve because of extenuating circumstances before he got canned at a school where he had worn out his welcome.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
he got a break by landing a job he didnt deserve because of extenuating circumstances before he got canned at a school where he had worn out his welcome.

Harsh but true. Sorry but this pity party for BG has to stop. He's had plenty of time to make his own breaks.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I love how it appears that it takes a North Carolina talk show to get some views and opinions out there from some folks close to the program/situation. Atlanta radio is the worst.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm guessing that's a Drew Barry quote and I'd say that's a pretty strong indictment against BG.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
According to what I heard, Bobinski and Gregory were planning to meet today. If we are retaining Gregory, there is no need to to sit on the news. If I were the AD and respected Gregory as a person, I would give him time to notify his family that he was being fired before a public announcement is made. Then the team will be the next to learn. My guess is we should expect a public statement late tomorrow or early Monday.