Will we can Brian Gregory

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hard to it think it'll be announced before Monday. Have the ACC Tournament and the Sunday Bracket announcement. Just doesn't seem to be the "right time" to announce the decision until Monday at the earliest. JMO.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think that once the season is over, any announcement should be fair game.

Can be a simple announcement with an official press conference scheduled for next week.

Edited to add that I will settle for a leak...LOL

bigtechfan67

Jolly Good Fellow
Counting down to the end of the season so ready for change in gt bball. This is the only way I see us getting better for next year's class, y commit to tech if they dint know who will coach for the next couple of years just my opinion

turfjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
He wont be fired before monday. The ACC would be none too happy if you steal the thunder from the tourney.

Not to mention I heard Bobinski himself say that once the season was over he would give CBG a few days to collect his thoughts and then they would sit down and discuss the future. I agree that nothing happens until Monday for various reasons.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Why would the ACC have any say at all in Tech's timeline? We may not let him go until after the tourney, but I am not sure why we would wait and I don't buy we would wait so that we don't steal the ACC tournament's thunder. After all, that is kind of the point...we are sort of irrelevant right now. Nobody going into watching Duke, UNC, UVA, UL, etc. is going to feel like they have been cheated out of a great ACC tournament experience because they are concerned Georgia Tech let Brian Gregory go.

+ 1

First, I will believe CBG is fired when it happens.

If it is to happen, the lil girl and the n.c. mafia can go screw themselves as to when we choose to make any announcement.

slugboy

Staff member
4 year embarrassment
He just didn't win. Disappointing, but not embarrassing. His players were kept out of trouble and going to class. Guys like Jim Harrick are an embarrassment. Bruce Pearl was an embarrassment. What went on at UNC should be an embarrassment. This is just disappointing. It's ending with a whimper and not a bang.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
He just didn't win. Disappointing, but not embarrassing. His players were kept out of trouble and going to class. Guys like Jim Harrick are an embarrassment. Bruce Pearl was an embarrassment. What went on at UNC should be an embarrassment. This is just disappointing. It's ending with a whimper and not a bang.

Please. Had to kick GRJr off for discharging a firearm, with an Assistant Coach that CBG brought from Dayton who had problems at Dayton. Bolden had a DUI. BBC transfers out of literally nowhere. He brings Solo in a semester early, burns eligibility while the kid is injured and then runs him off. Bolden gets suspended at the end of the season for who knows what.

Bruce Pearl hosted recruits at his home for BBQ.

Now im not saying he is a bad dude. CBG is a class act regardless of a previous comment i made about senior night. Overall, good guy. But lets calm down before we make him a saint. Hes made his fair share of mistakes.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Please. Had to kick GRJr off for discharging a firearm, with an Assistant Coach that CBG brought from Dayton who had problems at Dayton. Bolden had a DUI. BBC transfers out of literally nowhere. He brings Solo in a semester early, burns eligibility while the kid is injured and then runs him off. Bolden gets suspended at the end of the season for who knows what.

Now im not saying he is a bad dude. CBG is a class act regardless of a previous comment i made about senior night. Overall, good guy. But lets calm down before we make him a saint. Hes made his fair share of mistakes.

Uh, you forgot Posterino - asst. coach DUI

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Either way. Ballsy of Quinlan to put that line on the title if it is. Ballsy of MBob to fire him today. I already tweeted this out too. Id hate to be thought a gossip monger if its only speculative.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Either way. Ballsy of Quinlan to put that line on the title if it is. Ballsy of MBob to fire him today. I already tweeted this out too. Id hate to be thought a gossip monger if its only speculative.

:ROFLMAO: Peacone Kardashian?

But really. Has the team even gotten back from NC yet? I imagine MBob wouldn't fire him there. If it's not a done deal that's pretty bush league by Quinlan.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
:ROFLMAO: Peacone Kardashian?

But really. Has the team even gotten back from NC yet? I imagine MBob wouldn't fire him there. If it's not a done deal that's pretty bush league by Quinlan.

I suspect the decision was made before the game.

slugboy

Staff member

Not making him a saint--just saying there's "not getting the job done" and there's "embarrassing". Bobby Knight, at the end, was embarrassing. No amount of wins overcame that. I wouldn't bring Bobby Knight here for the ACC title. Gregory isn't embarrassing, just not getting it done. There's a difference.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Some are embarrassed by what the program has become and product that is being put on the floor. There are varying degrees of embarrassment. I agree about Knight. That was a man who that game had passed by. Personally I think soft society chewed him up. But thats neither here nor there.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
I agree that anything official won't be announced until after the ACC Tourney but in reality I think we start making legitimate phone calls after the exit interview.

my guess is that interview all ready happened. i love the hell out of the coach but he is just not getting it done.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
I think that once the season is over, any announcement should be fair game.

Can be a simple announcement with an official press conference scheduled for next week.

Edited to add that I will settle for a leak...LOL

i am with this result. delaying the announcement because of the acc tourney? really? when has the acc done any favors for gt.