Why do we stay with Russell Athletic?

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Jordan brand on anything other than UNC just looks dumb IMO. Talk about recruits all you want, but this is an actual conversation in my house this past football season:

Wife: Why does Michigan have a basketball player on their football uniforms?
Me: It's Jordan Brand
Wife: Didn't he go to UNC?
Me: Yes
Wife: Well that's dumb, I hope they lose.

I wish Nike would have done more with the Megatron Brand and it would have been an awesome unique GT logo. Either way that's not likely to happen now he's retired.

Tlq249107

Banned
I died seeing someone say my son's won't wear Nike only UA, and assumes the same for that age group based on that. Hilarious lol. Nike hands down.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have a friend who claims he only likes Miller LIte beer. In a blind taste at a local bar he could not tell the difference between Miller Lite, Bud Light, and Coors light. So we slipped a Green Man IPA into the test and it was his favorite. Later he said we faked the test. I am not sure what it means other that we have preferences that are not always based on rational thought.

Milwaukee

Banned
I have a friend who claims he only likes Miller LIte beer. In a blind taste at a local bar he could not tell the difference between Miller Lite, Bud Light, and Coors light. So we slipped a Green Man IPA into the test and it was his favorite. Later he said we faked the test. I am not sure what it means other that we have preferences that are not always based on rational thought.

You are 100% correct. But that's exactly the point.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Also, your friend is a dolt. haha, missing the bud light v other domestic lite I get, but to not notice the IPA is something entirely different is foolish! haha

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Also, your friend is a dolt. haha, missing the bud light v other domestic lite I get, but to not notice the IPA is something entirely different is foolish! haha

I would like to think I could tell the difference between the 3 others. ML has a pretty distinct after taste IIRC. Now that I'm out of Maine I'm pretty much 100% Yuengling/Red Oak all the time. Along with a few choice bourbons

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I must add this tidbit to my previous post. We were into our 3rd pitcher of Yeungling with him complaining, but drinking nonetheless, when the challenge was made. So, maybe his taste buds were dampened a wee bit.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
I would like to think I could tell the difference between the 3 others. ML has a pretty distinct after taste IIRC. Now that I'm out of Maine I'm pretty much 100% Yuengling/Red Oak all the time. Along with a few choice bourbons
I would have a hard time between Miller and Coors, I think, but Bud Light has a very distinct sweetness that the other two do not.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Year to date stock chart: Adidas blowing away Nike & Under Armour... I am going out on a limb, if UA wanted us like Nike wanted WKU, we could have left RA... UA is with Auburn and GA State, if they wanted GT they could have had GT!! See WKU and NIKE deal!!

I am Doubling Down on Adidas.... Why?? Adidas is putting a massive store near Atlanta and GT's baseball team uses some Adidas equipment as well. Atlanta is a great market for the three stripes to be in!!

Link
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvETstVWEAAN0l2.jpg

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Something to keep in mind about Adidas: They are considered THE iconic brand everywhere not named the United States because of soccer. As some are aware, soccer (or futbol) is considered the worldwide sport.

Only 21% of Adidas's revenue is generated in North America, while 50% (+/-) of Nike's revenue is generated in North America. While Nike has become the world's largest sports apparel and shoe maker by revenue, Adidas is still considered the "blue blood" sports brand around the world.

http://www.adidas-group.com/media/f...8-c556-4a24-8eea-cc00951a1061/2016_eng_gb.pdf

https://www.statista.com/statistics/241692/nikes-sales-by-region-since-2007/

The point is, Adidas has the means and clout to become a VERY good partner with GT. I wouldn't thumb my nose at Adidas. Forbes considers Adidas the world's 3rd most valuable sports brand (behind Nike and ESPN). While Nike is clearly the monster on the basketball court, Adidas is far from a lightweight.

Deleted member 2897

As others have said, the dollar amount of the deal doesn't matter so much as just getting out from under the 500 pound ugly fat worthless loser squatter that is Russell. Personally, I'm expecting a huge $10M+ contract which under the covers will be mostly fluff, and I'll be fine with that. In fact, I'm counting on 0 cash involved, only gear. And the gear as someone else said will be vastly overstated. Every pair of cleats we get will be worth $350 to Adidas or whoever, and again that's fine.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I' ve been a Nike ... UA ....... adidas guy all along. Now I'm kinda a Nike .. adidas .... UA guy.

I know you all were wondering. You're welcome.