Why do we stay with Russell Athletic?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
You needed more reasons? Funny, basketball-wise, he's ok with me now. Since he's at a competitor, I know he'll do all he can to keep that program down.

Lastly, aren't you supposed to have a new avatar by now?

Whenever you guys want to get your stuff together and tell me what it's supposed to be I'll change it.

And I didn't need any more reasons but that article gave me some.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It's a shame the ACC doesn't place the same restrictions on coaches and admins as they do on SAs. Knowing that coaches and ADs have inside knowledge of a school's operations and secrets, it makes more sense to restrict a coach/admin from going to another school inside the conference for 1 year. It's BS someone can legitimately do something to hurt one school knowing that it will give them and advantage when they go to the other school that they will compete against. Not saying that's what Lazy AD did...but he sure didn't help GT on the way out to cash his Clemson checks...

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
It's a shame the ACC doesn't place the same restrictions on coaches and admins as they do on SAs. Knowing that coaches and ADs have inside knowledge of a school's operations and secrets, it makes more sense to restrict a coach/admin from going to another school inside the conference for 1 year. It's BS someone can legitimately do something to hurt one school knowing that it will give them and advantage when they go to the other school that they will compete against. Not saying that's what Lazy AD did...but he sure didn't help GT on the way out to cash his Clemson checks...

This is interesting. Are there any other instances of this in the ACC outside of DRad and Kevin White (Miami and Duke)?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

It's hard. Can they realistically limit a guy's job prospects? Considering an AD can certainly hamstring a competitor ahead of leaving, it's a question that should be asked at least.

Again, I'm hoping he does the same ahead of leaving Clem's son.

ETA: I agree with you, @Peacone36 that the enforcing party on your avatar thingy needs to be on the clock to get something done. If not, he should be subject to the same punishment. Does he not know how long folks have been trying to knock you down a peg?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It's hard. Can they realistically limit a guy's job prospects? Considering an AD can certainly hamstring a competitor ahead of leaving, it's a question that should be asked at least.

Again, I'm hoping he does the same ahead of leaving Clem's son.

ETA: I agree with you, @Peacone36 that the enforcing party on your avatar thingy needs to be on the clock to get something done. If not, he should be subject to the same punishment. Does he not know how long folks have been trying to knock you down a peg?

When I signed on with my first job out of college, I had to sign a non-compete clause that barred me from working with any of our competitors for 1 year no matter wherever they did business...which was around the world. I don't see why the same couldn't be applied to ADs and coaches to go to teams within the conference. They're not saying you can't take the job, you just can't work for them for 1 year.

Essentially, that's what the ACC is doing when they financially strangle a kid from transferring within the conference, and an SA has a shorter eligibility lifespan (4-5 years) than coaches and ADs potentially have.

GTFLETCH

Banned
@GTFLETCH

Tell me again how apparel companies don't impact recruiting

WOW...That is really cool!!! I would love for our SA to be that excited, I can't wait to find out who we sign with. I do have a question, any chance we can get the Jordan Brand at the table, I think that may better than a deal with Nike, UA, or Adidas.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
WOW...That is really cool!!! I would love for our SA to be that excited, I can't wait to find out who we sign with. I do have a question, any chance we can get the Jordan Brand at the table, I think that may better than a deal with Nike, UA, or Adidas.
Jordan brand is Nike.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I didn't watch the video. But, I'm guessing they're the white and Carolina blue ones? If so they're ugly as hell but if I was 19-22 years old I'd be happy as **** to get them for free.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Jordan brand is Nike.
The Jordan Brand is a Nike's subsidiary and actually outfits Michigan and UNC football with Jordan Brand gear with the Jumpman logo, not the Nike logo.. So yes while Jordan Brand is a subsidiary of Nike, the apparel deals (Jordan Brand or Nike) seem to be diffrent. Not sure if GT could get a Jordan Brand Deal for all of the GTAA teams, but why not ask. Seems to me the SA would want Jordan Brand first, Nike second, than UA and/or Adidas...

Jordan Brand has unveiled their first college football uniforms for the Michigan Wolverines
Link
http://www.businessinsider.com/nikes-jordan-brand-michigan-uniforms-2016-8

Report: UNC to be second football team under Jordan Brand
Link
http://keepingitheel.com/2017/03/03/report-unc-second-football-team-jordan-brand/

Last edited:

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
The Jordan Brand is a Nike's subsidiary and actually outfits Michigan and UNC football with Jordan Brand gear with the Jumpman logo, not the Nike logo.. So yes while Jordan Brand is a subsidiary of Nike, the apparel deals (Jordan Brand or Nike) seem to be diffrent. Not sure if GT could get a Jordan Brand Deal for all of the GTAA teams, but why not ask..

Jordan Brand has unveiled their first college football uniforms for the Michigan Wolverines
Link
http://www.businessinsider.com/nikes-jordan-brand-michigan-uniforms-2016-8

Report: UNC to be second football team under Jordan Brand
Link
http://keepingitheel.com/2017/03/03/report-unc-second-football-team-jordan-brand/
Not different deals and it's all through Nike.

Anyway don't get your hopes up GT checks literally none of the boxes for Nike to give Tech the most exclusive line.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Not different deals and it's all through Nike.

Anyway don't get your hopes up GT checks literally none of the boxes for Nike to give Tech the most exclusive line.
So any team with a Nike deal can wear the Jordan brand and jumpman logo?? If that is the case we need to sign a deal with Nike ASAP!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
So any team with a Nike deal can wear the Jordan brand and jumpman logo?? If that is the case we need to sign a deal with Nike ASAP!
Nike's sponsorships are done through a tier system.

There's Tier 1 for the likes of Bama and tOSU

Tier 2 for teams like UGA and Clemson

Jumpman is a separate Tier that currently only Michigan and UNC are a part of. Michigan because they are a Tier 1 school anyway and UNC because Jordan went there.

Look for jumpman to remain scarce for a while before Nike truly opens it up.