Why do we stay with Russell Athletic?

GTFLETCH

Banned
Nike's sponsorships are done through a tier system.

There's Tier 1 for the likes of Bama and tOSU

Tier 2 for teams like UGA and Clemson

Jumpman is a separate Tier that currently only Michigan and UNC are a part of. Michigan because they are a Tier 1 school anyway and UNC because Jordan went there.

Look for jumpman to remain scarce for a while before Nike truly opens it up.
OK, thanks... So this explains why the video was posted and the kids were going nuts... Also I am wondering why people on this board may think it would be fair to compare a school who has a scarce Nike Jumpman logo deal to Georgia Tech who may have to settle for a low tier adidas deal... Not sure our "new deal" will have the same effect, but I guess people can dream!!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
OK, thanks... So this explains why the video was posted and the kids were going nuts... Also I am wondering why people on this board may think it would be fair to compare a school who has a scarce Nike Jumpman logo deal to Georgia Tech who may have to settle for a low tier adidas deal... Not sure our "new deal" will have the same effect, but I guess people can dream!!
I mean they just were told they got brand new $175 shoes most of them want for free. That's why they're freaking out.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

I was merely pointing out that this was the reaction to middle of the roads Nikes/Jumpman shoes

Imagine:

"Hey fellas, we have some brand new RA pullovers"

By comparison. The comparison is ridiculous

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
RA is a joke. The amount of players that had to wear blank jerseys tonight because their first jersey ripped was ridiculous.
The blank Jersey was to allow them to change colors in play on the other team. By using the blank it allowed a handful of additional jerseys to be brought out instead of everyone having to bring out a 2nd if they needed to change "teams".

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
The blank Jersey was to allow them to change colors in play on the other team. By using the blank it allowed a handful of additional jerseys to be brought out instead of everyone having to bring out a 2nd if they needed to change "teams".
I didn't know that. I saw a player on the white team get another's jersey because it had a big tear in it. Thanks for letting me know.

GTFLETCH

Banned
A good read on Under Armour's strategy, Georgia Tech may be a target, just not sure at what price....

"While Under Armour has signed a handful of big names in the past few years, gaps remain in its U.S. map." ...."Under Armour has just one school (Boston College) in the Atlantic Coast Conference — Nike has nine, including national football champion Clemson — but is well-established in most of the region because of its Baltimore roots."

Link
http://www.baltimoresun.com/busines...er-armour-college-inroads-20170120-story.html

GTFLETCH

Banned
So I have taken a poll of high school kids.. not sure what the GT SA feel or how they would rank the companies... but here is a pool form 130 High school kids.

1. NIKE
2. JORDAN BRAND
3. ADIDAS
4. UNDER ARMOUR

I found this interesting because I assumed UA would be more popular then Adidas...But it is not... ADIDAS is the clear number two or three depending on how you view the Jordan BRAND.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So I have taken a poll of high school kids.. not sure what the GT SA feel or how they would rank the companies... but here is a pool form 130 High school kids.

1. NIKE
2. JORDAN BRAND
3. ADIDAS
4. UNDER ARMOUR

I found this interesting because I assumed UA would be more popular then Adidas...But it is not... ADIDAS is the clear number two or three depending on how you view the Jordan BRAND.

Everything I've been reading about UA for the past several months (6+) has been negative.

Taking a combination of my obviously expert-level research and your clearly scientific data/results, does this mean we're seeing a market correction of sorts whereby UA is being relegated to 2nd tier brand status along with the likes of Champion and *gulp* RA?

Their big move into Kohls, in particular, has apparently been met with poor results numbers-wise and perception-wise.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Everything I've been reading about UA for the past several months (6+) has been negative.

Taking a combination of my obviously expert-level research and your clearly scientific data/results, does this mean we're seeing a market correction of sorts whereby UA is being relegated to 2nd tier brand status along with the likes of Champion and *gulp* RA?

Their big move into Kohls, in particular, has apparently been met with poor results numbers-wise and perception-wise.

So, you're saying that we're going with UA ...

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Don't think UA will ever be as bad as RA or Champion. They have some high end athletes signed to deals, at least for now, but Adidas is on the rise, and I think I'd rather have them for the right price, although I love UA polo's, and selfishly don't like the way Adidas stuff fits.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Jordan Brand won't even look at us. Especially with UNC in the same league. Nike might but we'd be an afterthought to them. (Fish in the ocean type) UA is really struggling financially and might be hold off on signing schools. Adidas is the one that could be the most benificial to us. The have 2 ACC schools in Miami and Louisville and the brand has had a major turn around. With the adidas facility they're building outside of ATL and the way they've been aggressively rebranding themselves they seem like the best fit for GT. We could be a top tier school for them and that would help big time with GT marketing itself.
I'm a Nike guy but I'd prefer Adidas for the attention alone from them.