Who’s your pick for Head Coach? (Poll)

Who’s your pick?

• Total voters

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The issue I have with the Clemson offense is you need a top 10 in the country qb to run it well. There is a night and day difference between it being run with Kelly Bryant (actually a pretty good qb), and Trevor/Deshaun. Even if he's an amazing recruiter I doubt our ability to consistently pull that level of qb.
Not true, besides what we did under CPJ this is probably the next best equalizer of an offense imo, and the transition wouldn’t be that bad compared to other systems. This offense spreads the field out so defenses can’t stack the box (which we need imo) it doesn’t require mauler guys for the OL, it makes the defense be deciplined with their eyes because of movement and the option game. Really, this imo is what we need.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I have seen a lot of coaches come and go at Tech but I have never been as pumped about our position as I am this time. We have a Tech ex player as our AD to make our choice and not some damn selection committee. We must remember that a camel is a horse designed by a committee. And also we have truly fine prospects interested in the job. Personally, I would take Elliot in a heart beat. He is committed to academics or he wouldn't have had a 3.5 in IE. His character is displayed by the fact that he was voted team captain after being a walk on. His offensive knowledge is displayed by the fact that he is calling plays for a championship quality team as co-OC. And being on the offensive side of the ball, it would be no problem to give Woody his run, which we owe him for investing in Tech when we needed a DC badly. And after Elliott, we have Satterfield and Collins interested. To be in this position, we seem to be doing something right for a change.
And I don't believe this Whisenhunt thing at all. Tstan can't talk to our real prospects because they are still playing and we need to give the media something to talk about and to generate a little drama during this dead time. I may be wrong, but I just cannot believe KW is a serious candidate in our Ad's mind.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I really would be good with any of the top three vote getters on this poll. I hope the search committee doesn’t try throw a curve with some unexpected pick.

I’d say there’s as good a chance of that as anything else.

Also, I’m not aware of a search committee being involved.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
My logic tells me that it’s easier as a coach to move up as opposed to down or laterally.

If we hire Elliott for example, coming from Clemson means you are calling plays for OL who are 6 ft 7in and 300ibs across the board. This has a huge impact on play calling and seccessful completin of the play. Are you then able to call plays for a line that avg’s 6-4, 270 ? It’s like saying you have experience with a bulldozer so you can operate a backhoe. One requires more nuainse.

On the other hand if you are use to coaching 6-2, 240 lb guys the calls get a hell of a lot easier with 270 lb guys.

If I’m Satterfield for example (my pick) I’d look at our team as being stacked and I’d be salivating at a chance to use CURRENT players in my scheme, Elliott ? Maybe not so much.

Not actually talking about those two coaches but more about perspective, one would be excited one would be more apt to struggle a few years at least ( I think ).

We need a proven young coach from an awesome school who would look at TECH as a Christmas gift as is, not a building project. One is excited the other may be perplexed.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hey, it could be worse. Ugag could be in the national title hunt...Look on the bright side - things look a lot better than when we were 1-3.

I have to say this and it won't be popular here...but a team that isn't even in the national title hunt beat us like a rented mule. We looked like we didn't belong on the field with them, and this is a team that isn't even in contention for a NC. I no longer care what they do/don't do. I just worry about GT and what it does/doesn't do.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
What is the love with tony Elliot? Never heard of him before. Looked him up he has only been a coordinator for 3 years at Clemson. Not much of a pedigree anyone can look good with Deshaun Watson as QB.

I don’t get it but that’s just me

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Right now I zero confidence that tech will make a good hire.

Hard to have confidence in anything regarding GT sports, at present. Stansbury has to make a good hire though and come up with a vision the fanbase can believe in. Feels like dark times.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
What is the love with tony Elliot? Never heard of him before. Looked him up he has only been a coordinator for 3 years at Clemson. Not much of a pedigree anyone can look good with Deshaun Watson as QB.

I don’t get it but that’s just me
I think people like that he is young and recruits Georgia well more than his full coaching resume. His overall lack of experience is certainly a knock on him.