Who’s your pick for Head Coach? (Poll)

Who’s your pick?

• Total voters

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I would like to see Neal Brown, Tony Elliot or Satterfield. Also, after his success at GSU and turning around a horrible Tulane team, I would be fond of Willie Frist, but I get he would be considered underwhelming (and he isn't being mentioned, so don't worry).

I am not very happy seeing Whisenhunt being interviewed given his lack of success (horrible is better word) as a head coach. Maybe college will be different, but his hire would start already behind the 8-ball in my mind. I do not get the Geoff Collins interest, if real, AT ALL. He is terribly mediocre or just bad. I will root for them if hired, but Whisenhunt and Colling have me already yawning and wondering how many seasons of .500 ball and mediocre recruiting until they're canned.

The ONE name I wish I would hear and see interviewed is Chris Klieman of NDSU. Sigh, guess it won't happen and hey, maybe he wouldn't want to come, but NDSU has been completely dominating with that man at the helm.

The names that would not upset me if hired are the below:

Brown
Kleiman
Satterfield
Elliot

Less thrilled or unlikely, but still somewhat positive:
Monken (yes TO stays then, but I am leaning to moving on from it to get BIG BOY recruits and not 260 lb OL and such)
Bohanon (hey, KSU is darn good already)
Frist (never mentioned, but he makes teams better each stop)

Bottom line though, I am most interested in seeing GT recruiting take a big step forward. Most of the time, when we play top 20 teams, we get man-handled due to speed/size combo being a tick down from our opponents. We'll never be a top 10 recruiting school, but there is no excuse for us to be in the bottom 1/3 of the ACC and outside the top 30 or so nationally.

Satterfield has already been snapped up by Louisville.

I would like to see Neal Brown, Tony Elliot or Satterfield. Also, after his success at GSU and turning around a horrible Tulane team, I would be fond of Willie Frist, but I get he would be considered underwhelming (and he isn't being mentioned, so don't worry).

I am not very happy seeing Whisenhunt being interviewed given his lack of success (horrible is better word) as a head coach. Maybe college will be different, but his hire would start already behind the 8-ball in my mind. I do not get the Geoff Collins interest, if real, AT ALL. He is terribly mediocre or just bad. I will root for them if hired, but Whisenhunt and Colling have me already yawning and wondering how many seasons of .500 ball and mediocre recruiting until they're canned.

The ONE name I wish I would hear and see interviewed is Chris Klieman of NDSU. Sigh, guess it won't happen and hey, maybe he wouldn't want to come, but NDSU has been completely dominating with that man at the helm.

The names that would not upset me if hired are the below:

Brown
Kleiman
Satterfield
Elliot

Less thrilled or unlikely, but still somewhat positive:
Monken (yes TO stays then, but I am leaning to moving on from it to get BIG BOY recruits and not 260 lb OL and such)
Bohanon (hey, KSU is darn good already)
Frist (never mentioned, but he makes teams better each stop)

Bottom line though, I am most interested in seeing GT recruiting take a big step forward. Most of the time, when we play top 20 teams, we get man-handled due to speed/size combo being a tick down from our opponents. We'll never be a top 10 recruiting school, but there is no excuse for us to be in the bottom 1/3 of the ACC and outside the top 30 or so nationally.
Unfortunately, Satterfield was hired by Louisville today.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t put him on the list but Geoff Collins is right up there with Elliot for me. He may even be the better choice since he checks off all of the boxes as far as having head coaching experience, being a great recruiter and knowing GT, also known for being innovative for TStan.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t put him on the list but Geoff Collins is right up there with Elliot for me. He may even be the better choice since he checks off all of the boxes as far as having head coaching experience, being a great recruiter and knowing GT, also known for being innovative for TStan.
There is that word again ( innovative) I will need to use it in my resume. ( what I'm thinking I'm 66 I don't need to work I can drink beer anytime I want )

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
TStan knows more about perspective, approach, dreams, etc... of every coach listed above that he interviews than this board does, period.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I changed my vote to Collins and actually think he may have been the top target all along.

But he isn't one of the choices, except for "other". He should have been listed - he seems a strong candidate.

I see a lot of speculation in the various press outlets as to who Tech is targeting, but there's no corroboration. I don't think there's any proof that anyone except TStan knows exactly what's going on. There are reports of Whisenhunt being interviewed, but is even that for sure?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
There is that word again ( innovative) I will need to use it in my resume. ( what I'm thinking I'm 66 I don't need to work I can drink beer anytime I want )

Drinking beer is innovative, as long as it's a premium brand, like Michelob.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
I will be fine with whoever we hire as long as we take our time and interview all qualified interested people. Its been less than a week and we have already made an offer? I would rather lose some recruits and make the right hire. Just seems too quick.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I will be fine with whoever we hire as long as we take our time and interview all qualified interested people. Its been less than a week and we have already made an offer? I would rather lose some recruits and make the right hire. Just seems too quick.

We have made an offer? To whom?