Who’s your pick for Head Coach? (Poll)

Who’s your pick?

• Total voters

buzzwilder

Georgia Tech Fan
My top 2 choices are Satterfield & Neal Brown. Elliott is intriguing & I wouldn't be mad at it (though I'd prefer someone with HC experience). Would also be fine with Monken, but I don't see us going back to the triple. Bill Clark has done a heckuva job at UAB. Lots of good choices out there IMO & not a ton of competition. A good year to be looking for a HC honestly.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I certainly agree that Elliott has a lot of other good traits beside just the offense. I wouldn't be upset with Elliott. My personal preference is to start defense first, but I see the positives with someone like Elliott.
See, I want an offensive minded coach. I think with how unique GT is we need to have someone that is a brilliant mind. But either way we need good assistants on both sides of the ball. I’d like to retain CNW.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
See, I want an offensive minded coach. I think with how unique GT is we need to have someone that is a brilliant mind. But either way we need good assistants on both sides of the ball. I’d like to retain CNW.
I look at how good CPJ was an an OC at Hawaii or as an OC at GaSo. Even Malzahn showed what impact an OC could have.

An offense oriented coach isn’t a bad thing, so I won’t be upset if that is the way we go.

Campbeae

Georgia Tech Fan
I can understand the Vandy fanbase given his record. That being said, he’s got 4 yrs of HC experience at a challenging place to coach. Indications are we’re going to improve support. He spent 3 yrs on the Vikings so he has Pro experience plus He was Asst HC at Stanford where he saw first hand what a lot of resources could do for you. The Stanford angle should make many on here drool as there’s only 1, maybe 2 schools the diehards around here are more envious of than them. I’m also a big believer that you can not succeed at a job & a change of scenery sometimes allows a reset and much better performance. You have learned lessons & don’t step in the same traps. Hard fails this is not the case but that is not what Mason has done. Lastly, defenses win championships & if that’s what we’re after maybe the road to better odds of that happening is not by having a unique offense, but by having a stalwart defense. Really, if we had a stout D & ran the triple O it just might do the trick but that ship has sailed.
You make great points. I’m not one to knock his experience, like I said absolutely fantastic coach and I should add individual, he would for sure represent GT well. That being said even though he’s grown as a head coach over the last 4 years I don’t believe he has grown enough (game management still seems a struggle) and we can do better. I would take him as a DC in a heartbeat. I’m in the boat that the triple O had a negative impact on our defense during PJs tenure due to not going against a standard offense.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Satterfield
Neil Brown
Monken
Bohannon and spend the savings on the best recruiters we can buy
Elliot

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Serious question? What about Mike Norvell? Seems like it would be a good fit. Thoughts?
He'd be great and would be a nice fit offensively, in my opinion. But he's currently getting paid $2.6 million (highest G5 salary). I don't think we can afford him unless he's REALLY interested in the GT job. It'll take a lot of money to lure him away.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Thanks. I'm watching the Clemson / Pitt game. Clemson better be careful. Pitt is hanging around and could pull off an upset. Clemson tonight is not impressive, but they're playing in wet weather.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
The issue I have with the Clemson offense is you need a top 10 in the country qb to run it well. There is a night and day difference between it being run with Kelly Bryant (actually a pretty good qb), and Trevor/Deshaun. Even if he's an amazing recruiter I doubt our ability to consistently pull that level of qb.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
My two choices are Jeff Monken, who I believe is by far the best candidate. I know he runs the same offense, but I also believe we were never the same when he left. I believe he is capable and willing to be more versatile offensively than Paul ever was.

The second is the sleeper. Someone mentioned him earlier and I was like "really?". I looked at him a little closer. He is a great recruiter. He is young enough to relate to kids. He has a background in running option football out of the gun from his years at GSU.
Lastly it would be a huge blow to our instate rival. Dell McGee.

He doesn't have a lot of experience, but neither did Dabo Swinney.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I know we’re not going after Hueple or however it’s spelled, but I want that offense! Being someone that runs that and keep CNW abs Andy Mac and I’m good. And for the love of god, Keep DMo. If He’s not retained by the new HC....