Who’s your pick for Head Coach? (Poll)

Who’s your pick?

• Total voters

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Dabo's resume included no experience higher than WR coach IIRC.

correct me if I'm wrong. but didn't Dabo get to be interim HC for a bit? In other words, Clemson got a bit of a test drive. I like the young man's resume but if we are honest, he is a complete crap shoot. He could be the next Saban for all we know...or the next B*** L****. That is an awfully big gamble imo. Like I have said, if he was OC at Vandy or Wake and putting up big numbers I would like him a whole lot more.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
correct me if I'm wrong. but didn't Dabo get to be interim HC for a bit? In other words, Clemson got a bit of a test drive. I like the young man's resume but if we are honest, he is a complete crap shoot. He could be the next Saban for all we know...or the next B*** L****. That is an awfully big gamble imo. Like I have said, if he was OC at Vandy or Wake and putting up big numbers I would like him a whole lot more.
Dabo Swinney lost the 2008 Gator Bowl as Clemson interim head coach to Nebraska 26-21

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

If he were OC at Vandy/Wake, I wouldn't even be considering him ... but I get your overall point.

All these dudes are crapshoots.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If he were OC at Vandy/Wake, I wouldn't even be considering him ... but I get your overall point.

All these dudes are crapshoots.

If he was putting up Clemson numbers at Vandy??!! Are you kidding me.....that would seal the deal for me and make him the clearcut choice imo. All of his other credentials are impeccable.
and yes, it IS a crapshoot. As I have said, I will support whoever is the next guy as my overarching goal is for GT FB to be successful.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
1. Elliot 2. Collins 3. Satterfield

I’d be happy with each. Might be happiest with each but see Collins having success and leaving as quickly as possible. The thing with him is that he would leave us with a full-cupboard.

Anybody know anything about Collins’ character?

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Elliot, has a very strong supporting staff. Strong enough to mask a lot of problems. He is way to big of an unknown for me. From that perspective, he has a lot in common with B*** L**** where his assistants carried him and we all saw how bad that turned out. I would take Satterfield if Monken was not interested.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Dabo's resume included no experience higher than WR coach IIRC.
As another poster noted, Dabo was the interim head coach before being hired. Clemson got a test run. If Tech hires Elliot, it's a huge financial commitment for a guy who has zero sole-OC or head coaching experience. Elliot may be hired, and he may work out, but it would be a huge gamble. Keep in mind that UCF considered Elliot last year and chose another candidate.