Where do we go from here?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
If you want to fire somebody, it should probably be Bud Peterson. He has hired the AD’s who have left us bankrupt as a football program. He has not delivered any changes that might improve our athletic fortunes, either in curriculum or finances.

I understand the frustration with CPJ and I have my own criticisms and issues with him, but Saban could’t coach GT back to prominence (not that he would ever come here with the absurdly low level of support athletics gets from admin here).

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
If you want to fire somebody, it should probably be Bud Peterson. He has hired the AD’s who have left us bankrupt as a football program. He has not delivered any changes that might improve our athletic fortunes, either in curriculum or finances.

I understand the frustration with CPJ and I have my own criticisms and issues with him, but Saban could’t coach GT back to prominence (not that he would ever come here with the absurdly low level of support athletics gets from admin here).

Yes the classic fire those beneath him or fire those above him defense.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I agree to an extent. There are always going to be issues with tech CPJ can't control, but the game issues today are issues CPJ said he would fix in the off season, like special teams

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Saban would not have lost that game today. Saban could and would change something on D.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Saban would not have lost that game today. Saban could and would change something on D.
Not sure Saban could do much with the athletes we have right now. Insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. We keep changing defensive coaches....different formations, philosophies, coaching styles....results don’t change. Problem is bigger than just coaches.

As I said, I have some big issues with CPJ, but I suspect Saban couldn’t win with our players....

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Not sure Saban could do much with the athletes we have right now. Insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. We keep changing defensive coaches....different formations, philosophies, coaching styles....results don’t change. Problem is bigger than just coaches.

Problem is bigger than just DCs you mean.

As I said, I have some big issues with CPJ, but I suspect Saban couldn’t win with our players....
I know what your point is. I agree with you for the most part. Just curious what the people higher are thinking. Maybe these people should publicaly come out and challenge Johnson. Let him know what the deal is. Let it be known that this style of play is not acceptable. He is making 3.5 million dollars. He is not worth that kind of money.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
There aren't many coaches I'd want right now. Even if we change our system, can we win with a spread offense??? A read option offense??? No matter what system tech runs, we still wont be able to recruit. I'll say this... things will get worse when CPJ leaves. We better be thankful to win 7 games a year. If we ran what SMU runs, or wake, or any other "standard modern team" we would win maybe 5 games. QBs wont come here, neither with most athletes. We might as well be a really good Ivy league school that can compete with big boys once every 4 years. Just saying I dont think people realize that tech is undesirable, past our "gimmick" offense. There are a lot of factors why stud athletes dont and wont come here.

The offense does put up numbers and I realize that .Here is one stat I want somebody to find. What are the numbers of the offense against our big 4(Clemson, Miami, Va Tech , and UGA) since 2010. On average what are they? We know the D blows balls. I honestly think this offense hurts our D the most. This is my tbought. We need a change !
That info is easily found online. Briefly, our offensive numbers have been good against all of them except in 2015 and 2017, and it wasn't bad against Miami in 2017.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
That info is easily found online. Briefly, our offensive numbers have been good against all of them except in 2015 and 2017, and it wasn't bad against Miami in 2017.

2016 clemson, I believe was our worst rushing game under CPJ I remember we had something like 20 yards at half and finished the game with 95 yards rushing... and 29 passing... might be the only time in his coaching history he was held to under 150 yards total offense. Heck he may of never been under 200.... we didnt hit 125 that game. I was there. It was awful.... yet we only lost 26-7. Defense was stout.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
2016 clemson, I believe was our worst rushing game under CPJ I remember we had something like 20 yards at half and finished the game with 95 yards rushing... and 29 passing... might be the only time in his coaching history he was held to under 150 yards total offense. Heck he may of never been under 200.... we didnt hit 125 that game. I was there. It was awful.... yet we only lost 26-7. Defense was stout.
I think Clemson was pretty good that year....

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
There aren't many coaches I'd want right now. Even if we change our system, can we win with a spread offense??? A read option offense??? No matter what system tech runs, we still wont be able to recruit. I'll say this... things will get worse when CPJ leaves. We better be thankful to win 7 games a year. If we ran what SMU runs, or wake, or any other "standard modern team" we would win maybe 5 games. QBs wont come here, neither with most athletes. We might as well be a really good Ivy league school that can compete with big boys once every 4 years. Just saying I dont think people realize that tech is undesirable, past our "gimmick" offense. There are a lot of factors why stud athletes dont and wont come here.

This is a bunch of nonsense.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
It's not a lack of ****ing talent. Go look at teams like Texas and FSU who's losing to Samford right now. They clearly just not have the jimmies and joes either. It's a lack of leadership, a loser mentality, bad coaching, and consistent missed assignments in the field. Not talent.
Respectfully, I disagree. It is all the reasons you listed AND a lack of talent. Specifically playmakers on offense and difference makers on defense. Recruiting rankings do no matter for a year or two but when we are consistently being out recruited by virtually every school in the ACC and stuck in mediocre rankings every year of 40 to 50 or worse then talent begins to matter big time. What we saw today is the result of years of mediocre recruiting coming to fruition. This is a direct reflection of the coaching staff failing to recruit better players in a state filled to the brim with good to great players who routinely go elsewhere.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

The way things are currently situated with curriculum, finances, and administration support, Bear Bryant in his prime could not do much better than what is currently being done. If Taquon had left practice to attend a class at Alabama the Bear would have had that professor fired or Taquon's schedule changed because nothing got in the way of football.