Where do we go from here?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
And forget the other games that season.

The other games were the crux of my argument. We were awful that year, mostly because of injuries, but we still won. In other words, don’t count us out. I think you’re just looking for people to argue with and you aren’t even trying to understand what other people are saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPJ is essentially an offensive coach... Well, the offense more than did its job yesterday. 600 yards, 8 ypc, etc. The defense just needs more speed and talent.

Also, CPJ hired a very well respected defensive coordinator. They just need more time to upgrade defensive talent.

I know you guys won't like this, but with the ACC being so difficult the schedule should be something like this every year:

Georgia State
Florida International
Middle Tennessee State
Georgia

FBS level opponents, but games Tech will win 50-3. Especially considering you have to play Georgia, Clemson, Florida State, Miami, etc every season. They need to start off with FIU, UMASS, Troy, Arkansas State, etc first 3 games every year.

USF on the road is a no win situation. You don't get a ton of credit if you win and you wreck yourself if you lose.

Bottom line.... Fix the schedule (and start 3-0 every year), give Woody 2 recruiting classes, and the program will be fine. If it's not, fire CPJ.

ACC being so difficult??? LMAO - Louisville looks sub-par, UVA Cadavers look like crap, Miami looked awful, FSU is a joke, UNC sux, Duke is Puke, Pitt is ****t.

VPI looks good and Clemson is Clemson. Outside of that, the ACC is weak.

I do agree with you re:USF. That was a dumb game to schedule in the first place.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
For those that are new to GTSwarm, please note the following Forum Rule:

No Personal Attacks.
Do not post personal attacks on other members, our former or current players, recruits, as well as the GT administrative and coaching staff. There are ways to disagree with someone or an idea but still be civil about it in public discourse. We are not like other fans that like to bark at each other. For a better definition of personal attacks, please see ad hominem and no personal attacks.

https://gtswarm.com/help/terms

Respectfully, where did I personally attack Year Of The Swarm? I disagree with his opinion that the ACC is a strong conference this year but I didn't insult him nor personally attack him. He may prove to be right, who knows - but I don't see where I "attacked" him.

This is a good forum - I don't want to break any rules o I'm just trying to learn here, thank you.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Respectfully, where did I personally attack Year Of The Swarm? I disagree with his opinion that the ACC is a strong conference this year but I didn't insult him nor personally attack him. He may prove to be right, who knows - but I don't see where I "attacked" him.

This is a good forum - I don't want to break any rules o I'm just trying to learn here, thank you.
DM sent.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
CPJ is essentially an offensive coach... Well, the offense more than did its job yesterday. 600 yards, 8 ypc, etc. The defense just needs more speed and talent.

Also, CPJ hired a very well respected defensive coordinator. They just need more time to upgrade defensive talent.

I know you guys won't like this, but with the ACC being so difficult the schedule should be something like this every year:

Georgia State
Florida International
Middle Tennessee State
Georgia

FBS level opponents, but games Tech will win 50-3. Especially considering you have to play Georgia, Clemson, Florida State, Miami, etc every season. They need to start off with FIU, UMASS, Troy, Arkansas State, etc first 3 games every year.

USF on the road is a no win situation. You don't get a ton of credit if you win and you wreck yourself if you lose.

Bottom line.... Fix the schedule (and start 3-0 every year), give Woody 2 recruiting classes, and the program will be fine. If it's not, fire CPJ.

Reasonable. But there’s no way to recruit in Georgia like this.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't take any offense to anything anyone said... this is good conversation.

I would say those against are partially correct, in that it kind of masks the problem, but it still guarantees Georgia Tech a bowl game every year (unless things go REALLY bad).... I also think winning generates interest and gives fans and students something to cheer for. I think as long as the teams you schedule are FBS, that is the most important thing... I don't see any shame in playing San Jose State, East Carolina, UMASS, UTEP, Florida International, etc... Not when you play Georgia, Clemson, Miami, FSU, Virginia Tech, etc every year. SOS will likely never be an issue, and if the conference is having a down year some year who cares, just win more games.