Let's all get together soon, before it is too late
Forget about the past and let your feelings fade away
If you do I'm sure you'll see the end is not yet near
Where do we go
Where do we go
Where do we go from here?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
UCF i think is still the best team in the AAC and USF will be 8-4.

So basically we would be a .500 team in a lower 5 conf.

Sounds about right. Start paying recruits like everyone does or we are sunk

Edit. We are sinking cuz of that. No one wants to talk about it. But the payments to recruits is at an all time high

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

Edit. We are sinking cuz of that. No one wants to talk about it. But the payments to recruits is at an all time high
I think Houston will be the 2nd best team in the AAC with Memphis the 3rd best and USF the 4th best.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

No thanks. I’d rather lose doing it right than win by cheating. Just because everyone else is doing it doesn’t make it just.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
You guys, some of you are just bad... You didn't lose to an FCS team you lost to one of the best teams in the AAC which I believe is the best team.
The USF folks here have been classy, and my intent is to reciprocate, meaning don't take this the wrong way.

Others have mentioned "it's not you, it's us". I think that's how you should read most of the posts here in the postgame.

I'll offer one example to back the opinion, which might be out of context for a visitor who doesn't know much about GT recently. Looking at this game or any football game for that matter, a single kickoff return TD is 98% on the coverage, 2% on the return, in my opinion only. Now how about 2 of those? And almost a 3rd (first return of the game). In other words, sound coverage plans and execution almost always thwarts even the most dynamic kick returners, agree?

So, many feel we didn't lose because we played USF, rather it's because the ability to affect the game was independent of opponent. The lack of execution on Special Teams, where we were nearly dead last in the NCAA last year, is a common theme. So no disrespect intended your way.

Now, the easiest counterargument to the above from the USF side might be... did you see GT's D? We (USF) might have gone down the field and scored anyway. But, I think we (GT) would have rather taken our chances there, obviously.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Thanks. Sadly we are usually underrated and a whole ton of USF fans wish for the good ole days to come back but we know that won't happen. In order for USF to reach its full potential, we need to get out of the AAC and into the P5 like we used to be in the Big East where we would beat highly ranked teams.
Following is a record of USF in it's stride.

The list is simply too big to post and I don't have time for it.

USF might be the best team in the state of Florida this year. Duh U, UF, and the criminoles aren’t too keen on matching up with y’all though.