When Should Hall Leave?

When Should Hall Leave? What would you do as AD given the information you have?

• Whenever he wants.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • When his current contract runs out in 2021.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • When Colin is done playing for GT (2020 or 2021).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • At the end of this 2018 season regardless of record. Whether Hall's choice or the AD's.

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • At the end of this 2018 season if we don't make NCAAs. Whether Hall's choice or the AD's.

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • Today. Whether Hall's choice or the AD's.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Before this season.

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
The big money boosters and alumni players love Hall. He isn't going anywhere unless it's on his own terms. Athletics is a business and you don't bite the hand that feeds. It's dumb and giving a small group that much power is not good for the program, but we have to face reality and realize it is what it is and to make the best of it. You can stop watching and attending games if you are frustrated, but please realize that a fan revolt isn't going to change much with how our program operates behind the scenes.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, that 2010 team should have AT WORST made it to Omaha if not win the whole thing. Look at these players:
Pitchers-
Friday starter-Deck McGuire (1st rd pick and MLB time)
Saturday starter-Brandon Cumpton (MLB time)
Sunday starter-Jed Bradley (MLB time)
Closer-Mark Pope (MILB time)
Midweek starter-Buck Farmer (MLB time)
Main reliever-Andrew Robinson (might still be in MILB)

Offense:
C-Cole Leonida (may still be in MILB)
1B-Tony Plagman (MILB time)
2B-Jacob Esch (MLB time...albeit as a pitcher)
SS-Derek Dietrich (with Marlins)
3B-Matt Skole (made MLB debut today with White Sox)
LF-Brandon Thomas (MILB time)
CF-Jeff Rowland (MILB time)
RF-Chase Burnette (MILB time)
DH-Thomas Nichols (MILB time)

I went to a lot of games that year bc of how good they were. What a huge disappointment to end their season in the regional. 10 players were drafted in the 2010 draft (had to look that up).
Wasn't Charlie Blackmon on that team?

The big money boosters and alumni players love Hall. He isn't going anywhere unless it's on his own terms. Athletics is a business and you don't bite the hand that feeds. It's dumb and giving a small group that much power is not good for the program, but we have to face reality and realize it is what it is and to make the best of it. You can stop watching and attending games if you are frustrated, but please realize that a fan revolt isn't going to change much with how our program operates behind the scenes.
I just don't understand why those people love him. He hasn't done anything. What does it take for them to realize that?

Deleted member 2897

giphy.gif

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Does having perhaps 50 people in attendance on a nice spring evening not mean anything to these money bags? For the good of the program, the school they need to have a heart-to-heart with DH. If he hangs on until next year and if next year truns out like this year, those money bags will become meatheads if they don't convince Hall to hit the road.

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
We are going to see very shortly if Stansbury is in over his head. I really hope not. Seems to be a good guy. With three major programs that are dismal at best, he has his work cut out for him. Tough choices are going to have to be made. To remain status quo might just sink the ship. Tough days for him ahead.

Deleted member 2897

We are going to see very shortly if Stansbury is in over his head. I really hope not. Seems to be a good guy. With three major programs that are dismal at best, he has his work cut out for him. Tough choices are going to have to be made. To remain status quo might just sink the ship. Tough days for him ahead.

My only disagreement with your post is that big changes have been made in 2 of the programs. A new coach for basketball, a recruiting uptick, packed arenas, a new energy. Football has new recruiting staff, new facilities, nearly all new defensive staff. New uniform suppliers, etc.

Baseball is the only 1 of the 3 that isn’t undergoing any sort of major changes (yet).

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
Dawgbasher you are correct if something is not done with DH then TS may be in over his head like the last AD . There has to be another Homer Rice out there. I wish now they would have given the job to Bill Curry when he wanted it.

Deleted member 2897

Dawgbasher you are correct if something is not done with DH then TS may be in over his head like the last AD . There has to be another Homer Rice out there. I wish now they would have given the job to Bill Curry when he wanted it.

Mmmmmmmm, ADTS has done a ton of stuff. He he doesn't do something about CDH then I'd say that's a negative against him. But I don't think it would overshadow everything else he's been able to do so far.

Deleted member 2897

I don't know the financial aspect... but isn't it possible the AD's hands are tied to the extent that in his judgment (having a fuller picture than many or all of us?), it just doesn't make fiscal sense to make a change until the contract is up?

Yes and no. We owed Ted Roof $1M IIRC but he moved on. Part of his responsibility is to make changes happen one way or the other if they are needed. If he wants to make a change but only if he can get CDH to retire and CDH won't, that will still reflect on his abilities...IMHAIO (humble and ignorant)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Yes and no. We owed Ted Roof $1M IIRC but he moved on. Part of his responsibility is to make changes happen one way or the other if they are needed. If he wants to make a change but only if he can get CDH to retire and CDH won't, that will still reflect on his abilities...IMHAIO (humble and ignorant)
The old "Yes" & "No" ... TStan should just do that. ;)

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
A lot of you guys said ADTS approved the extension of Hall. I do not know if that is true, or if the interim AD approved the deal. I have to believe that he must have known about the extension and at least gave a glancing approval. If so, he is on the hook for the contract. That is all there is to it. It is his baby to deal with. But again I will say nothing will happen because the big three money guys involved with baseball love Hall and will not push to unseat him. In the meantime, get ready for another subpar year for a program that can be so much better. Look at Clemson after they dumped Leggett. Immediate improvement in a state literally devoid of baseball talent.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
A lot of you guys said ADTS approved the extension of Hall. I do not know if that is true, or if the interim AD approved the deal. I have to believe that he must have known about the extension and at least gave a glancing approval. If so, he is on the hook for the contract. That is all there is to it. It is his baby to deal with. But again I will say nothing will happen because the big three money guys involved with baseball love Hall and will not push to unseat him. In the meantime, get ready for another subpar year for a program that can be so much better. Look at Clemson after they dumped Leggett. Immediate improvement in a state literally devoid of baseball talent.
The interim AD gave him the extension.