When Should Hall Leave?

When Should Hall Leave? What would you do as AD given the information you have?

• Whenever he wants.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • When his current contract runs out in 2021.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • When Colin is done playing for GT (2020 or 2021).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • At the end of this 2018 season regardless of record. Whether Hall's choice or the AD's.

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • At the end of this 2018 season if we don't make NCAAs. Whether Hall's choice or the AD's.

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • Today. Whether Hall's choice or the AD's.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Before this season.

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

OK, Stansbury and Hall have talked and Hall stays. With the talent we have coming back it makes sense to double down (although with the talent we had this year we should have been to supers). "“He knows the game,” athletic director Todd Stansbury told the AJC on Thursday. “He’s had a lot of success, and he’s willing to put in the time and energy to figure out what we (need to do), and he’s willing to make some changes if that’s what we need to do.”"

Hopefully there are changes made getting a new pitching coach. Works for CPJ to replace his DC every few years. The change we need from a performance point of view is in pitching. We need someone who can develop pitchers in a consistent manner. Or at least give us the hope of being able to do so.

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Gotta respectfully disagree with you Nuke. Hall runs the shows and calls the shots on recruits. New pitching coach won’t change a damn thing. Until Hall is gone,it’s gonna be same ol’ same ol’. Can’t believe how many are buying into how much better we will be next year with returning players. Don’t see it....... Don’t buy it. House needs to be cleaned and new regime/attitude brought in. Hall reminds me of Bill Clinton in that he continues to fool a lot of people. Mind boggling really.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Gotta respectfully disagree with you Nuke. Hall runs the shows and calls the shots on recruits. New pitching coach won’t change a damn thing. Until Hall is gone,it’s gonna be same ol’ same ol’. Can’t believe how many are buying into how much better we will be next year with returning players. Don’t see it....... Don’t buy it. House needs to be cleaned and new regime/attitude brought in. Hall reminds me of Bill Clinton in that he continues to fool a lot of people. Mind boggling really.
To be literally & factually accurate...
2018 was better than 2017. No reason to believe 2019 won't be better too.... because the team is really better "on paper" heading into next year.

I think I understand your "same ol' same ol'" ... & maybe it's semantics, but regardless of who coaches "next" year, it's fair to assert that 2019 will be better. It's also possible it won't be... I am look forward to the journey.

...& my estimation (reading into same forum you're reading), there are actually a small/tiny few "buying into" current regime is what's needed.

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
How is it better Fred? No NCAA tourney, 7th straight losing season in ACC. Please explain. Season record is better, yes. Regular season record really is nothing to behold. If that’s your criteria for being better, you must be ecstatic at this point. For a major program, Omaha has to be the goal. As a minimum, at least the NCAA tourney. Regular season? Really ?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
How is it better Fred? No NCAA tourney, 7th straight losing season in ACC. Please explain. Season record is better, yes. Regular season record really is nothing to behold. If that’s your criteria for being better, you must be ecstatic at this point. For a major program, Omaha has to be the goal. As a minimum, at least the NCAA tourney. Regular season? Really ?
Why I said "literally" ... better doesn't mean good enough. Just better...
Better overall record & ACC record.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Why I said "literally" ... better doesn't mean good enough. Just better...
Better overall record & ACC record.

Agree, better statistically but not acceptable. At least to me. Maybe to Hall and Stansbury.

On paper we are better next year since we aren't as young overall. But losing the best GT player ever (at least by MLB draft rankings), is going to hurt in ways we don't understand yet. Jim Poole kept talking all year about how great Bart was at calling his own game. We'll see what a hole that is. But the other returning players "should" be better.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Agree, better statistically but not acceptable. At least to me. Maybe to Hall and Stansbury.

On paper we are better next year since we aren't as young overall. But losing the best GT player ever (at least by MLB draft rankings), is going to hurt in ways we don't understand yet. Jim Poole kept talking all year about how great Bart was at calling his own game. We'll see what a hole that is. But the other returning players "should" be better.
I'm thinking that if Turley is the catcher next year, then it was probably a good thing that he sat and watched Bart this year. Learning from him, Turley might be able to call his own games next year.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow

Splitting hairs here but there’s nothing else to talk about.... no way Bart is best player ever. Definitely a top ten Tech great. Can’t argue that mlb thinks he has the most potential, but texiera, nomar and owings were better during their time at Tech.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Next year's team could be marginally better if things fall into place, but anyone who thinks the needle will move to a tournament team is kidding themselves. Every time I think of the mental toughness it takes to win these close ball games vs teams like Pitt and Virginia, I can only pray these kids learn from Joey Bart because we all know they won't learn it from D**** H***. Everyone knows TStan is stalling, but it's too bad because life is too short to watch bad baseball so I will watch more womens tennis.

Splitting hairs here but there’s nothing else to talk about.... no way Bart is best player ever. Definitely a top ten Tech great. Can’t argue that mlb thinks he has the most potential, but texiera, nomar and owings were better during their time at Tech.
You're forgetting Kevin Brown, J Patton.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
We are not that far away in baseball ? Really ? Seven straight losing ACC seasons and we are on the right track in baseball? More CDH relatives and apologists out there than I thought. Tech will be irrelevant on a national scale until current regime is gone. You can take that to the bank.
dewgbasher & supersize,both of you are dead straight re: Hall & TS. Very disappointed so far with Stansbury's moves!

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
IMO Danny Hall has been on a downward glide path for too long. We should be playing better than .500 ball in the ACC - under someone else.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think TS took the financially sound move at this point. If he did that, he obviously can't come out and say that out loud. Moreover, silence about it all could be used as a recruiting tactic against Hall.

As much as I personally disagree, if you decide we cannot afford to fire Hall now (for whatever reason) then what TS has done is probably the right way to handle it. Geez, that hurt to type!