What is this thing about Waffle House?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Twit report 5 ish.
Checked into account
Following coach and saw a post that had been pinned ( which I found out means will appear at top).
The pinned message was all about Waffle House. Then looked down and saw tweet w cgc and guys at the top golf driving range = he s promoting them while he shows ATL is a fun place. Plenty of work out retweets. He seems to rely on this medium to manage his staff.
Checked Coach's tweets starting Jan 1 18.
Much less about gt current football and more about good things happening to gt in general. Very few retweets from staff.

I like the content I am seeing - If he can get students fired up bds would be a lot more fun.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
To me it seems like WH became quite popular when Geoff Collins started hanging out there

The last CEO of Waffle House got out of GT in 1968. The current CEO of Waffle house got out of GT in 1989. Waffle House has been popular with GT people for a long time.

EDIT: CGC is from Atlanta. I think he uses of Waffle House on Twitter because he understands Atlanta, people in Georgia, and Georgia Tech fans.

Last edited:

Coach Macon

Georgia Tech Fan
If you grew up in the country anywhere in Georgia, you'd understand. Where do Seniors in high school hang out when there is nowhere else for miles? What's on every corner throughout the Atlanta suburbs? Waffle House! Who are we recruiting? Seniors that can't go to the bar so where do they hang out at? Waffle House (or Huddle House). Sounds silly but so true. Players relate that coach is cool cause he's at Waffle House too.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
The last CEO of Waffle House got out of GT in 1968. The current CEO of Waffle house got out of GT in 1989. Waffle House has been popular with GT people for a long time.

EDIT: CGC is from Atlanta. I think he uses of Waffle House on Twitter because he understands Atlanta, people in Georgia, and Georgia Tech fans.
CEO 1968 has been a bad boy in the past few years. #metoo

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
This is interesting.

May I ask, does Waffle House donate to the GTAA?

Also: Do many high school football players eat at Waffle House?

And: Is Waffle House popular among high school students in general? Is it “a cool place to eat?”

Trying to understand more here ... some connection ... or whatever it might be.

Yes,football players love Waffle House especially after games. I mean really who doesn’t.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Yes,football players love Waffle House especially after games. I mean really who doesn’t.

There could be something else going on. One of my fraternity brothers was offered a job at Waffle House after he graduated with an IM degree. Waffle House it seems, loves to hire athletes, especially football players. Why? They are fit, can stand all day and they love to compete. The cook runs the restaurant. The goal is to get run 3 ... and then run a district. Those that do ... are multimillionaires. Think about that the next time you watch the cook dice up your hash browns.

I wonder if that is an extra selling point for recruits? I mean ... why not?

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow