What is this thing about Waffle House?

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Someone asked in another thread if he really likes WH this much or if it's just pushing for a marketing/sponsorship angle. I think this answers that question. How often have you just happened to sit a cup down like that with the logo perfectly placed facing any cameras that may be looking on?

TripleTech

Georgia Tech Fan
Love a Waffle House but actually had the worst experience last night at the one on 5th street. Took about 25 minutes to get our order and we scarfed it down in 3 minutes and it caused us to be late to the b-ball game. We were headed to the Tech -Poly Tech game and were perplexed by the 3 people working there. 1 on the grill and 2 watching. Since we were close enough to them actually had to give them a heads up to our order being ready. Only about 10 people in there. Hope it was just training night or someone called in sick cause I almost thought we were going to be on some tv show. Normally everyone I’ve ever been to is a well choreographed finely tuned machine of service and deliciousness.

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
CGC is rubbing off on the other members of the coaching staff...

Also, for those wondering if CGC is being paid by Waffle House for his cup placements, at the beginning of the audio of yesterday's press conference posted to the GT Athletics Media Library, someone in the audience asked CGC about the cup and whether or not he was being paid and CGC said that he was doing it all on his own.

Deleted member 2897

Looking more and more like Waffle House is contributing $$$ to GT.

Every little bit of extra $$$ helps.

Agree, I think at this point it feels like Walt Ehmer or some folks up high at Waffle House are donating some good money now to the team...or something has changed.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I believe we finally have a coach that is willing to leverage social media advertising for donations from a company! Wow! Ground breaking hahaha (sarcasm). After waffle house is settled he needs to move in on SunTrust bank, and GT needs to work with other local major businesses, at least ones that have their headquarters here. I would suggest Mercedes, but bmw seems to be ingrained into GT.

I'd also suggest Racetrac. Have photos of collins filling up the ford at a pump at racetrac

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I believe we finally have a coach that is willing to leverage social media advertising for donations from a company! Wow! Ground breaking hahaha (sarcasm). After waffle house is settled he needs to move in on SunTrust bank, and GT needs to work with other local major businesses, at least ones that have their headquarters here. I would suggest Mercedes, but bmw seems to be ingrained into GT.

I'd also suggest Racetrac. Have photos of collins filling up the ford at a pump at racetrac

Kirby has the red Ford pickup truck in his Ford pickup truck commercials.

Collins needs to counter big-time with a Chevy pickup truck in gold. Or a Dodge Ram in gold, or a Toyota Tundra in gold. Whichever wants him to sell for them. LOL

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
P.S. And Coach Collins should be shown in the commercial exiting out of the gold Chevy-or-Ram-or Tundra pickup truck holding his Waffle House To-Go cup.

LOL