What is this thing about Waffle House?

☠CaptainBuzz☠

Jolly Good Fellow
18895C04-8071-4EA5-B64D-BB37DD945BE7.jpeg
The Admiral getting in on the product placement action.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Free commercials = big donations.
Need to work in Falcons/Atlanta United/Home Depot to free up some of Arthur's cash. [emoji3]

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
What is this thing about Waffle House? I think of it as a way to build character and identity with an asset that is uniquely southern, and uniquely conceived and managed by GT grads. Waffle House is a southern institution that everyone in the south views as one of their own. Collins astutely notes this and is using this as a marketing mechanism. I don’t think it’s for the purpose of garnering more Waffle House sponsorship $$, but more so to personify the energy and fortitude required to build a greater program. Breakfast / morning is commonly associated with an industrious work ethic. Tweeting a picture of eating breakfast at Waffle House in the early morning is emblematic of a southern work ethic.

LarryMunson

Jolly Good Fellow
Initially, I was going to say: Occam's Razor: CGC is from Conyers and has worked in Philly for a few years. When I worked in the north and returned to Atlanta, I overindulged in Varsity, Waffle House, Chick-Fil-A, Krispy Kreme, and barbecue as best as possible. Perhaps he's doing the same.

Now? With the product placement? I think we have a big money sponsor.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
What is this thing about Waffle House? I think of it as a way to build character and identity with an asset that is uniquely southern, and uniquely conceived and managed by GT grads. Waffle House is a southern institution that everyone in the south views as one of their own. Collins astutely notes this and is using this as a marketing mechanism. I don’t think it’s for the purpose of garnering more Waffle House sponsorship $$, but more so to personify the energy and fortitude required to build a greater program. Breakfast / morning is commonly associated with an industrious work ethic. Tweeting a picture of eating breakfast at Waffle House in the early morning is emblematic of a southern work ethic.

And the money wouldn't be bad, either.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I believe we finally have a coach that is willing to leverage social media advertising for donations from a company! Wow! Ground breaking hahaha (sarcasm). After waffle house is settled he needs to move in on SunTrust bank, and GT needs to work with other local major businesses, at least ones that have their headquarters here. I would suggest Mercedes, but bmw seems to be ingrained into GT.

I'd also suggest Racetrac. Have photos of collins filling up the ford at a pump at racetrac
Don't forget Porshuh has their North America Hdqtrs in Hapeville where the Ford plant used to be.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
At least in my experience, the socioeconomic background of people that go to Waffle House is much more diverse than Big Lots, Family Dollar, or Dollar General. I know and have seen poor, lower middle, upper middle, and wealthy people at WH.

It was pretty common to run into Tom Hammond at the one on Northside Drive.