What is this thing about Waffle House?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Anybody else miss the T-Bone as much as I do? Wasn't the prettiest thing to look at but seasoned perfectly with salt and pepper only, it was to die for.

I hated to see the Chop Steak dinner go.

Truth or Fiction - the Coca-Cola syrup or drink is different at WH than what Coke sells anywhere else?

I heard it is, going back to Mr Rogers original deal with Coke.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Have never understood the big deal with In nOut or Whataburger.

Same here. Was in Cali for a wedding and HAD to stop by In and Out to get some burgers and shakes. I mean, it was OK...just didn't get the fuss.

IMO, Checkers is one of the most underrated fast food burgers you can get. I'll take a Checker's Big Buford over anything In and Out has.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Have never understood the big deal with In nOut or Whataburger.

I wasn't familiar with Whataburger until moving to Florida 20+ years ago. As far as fast food chains' burgers are concerned, I believe they're top-notch, particularly the artery-clogging A1 Thick & Hearty burger. That said, yep, Checkers/Rally's' "Big Buford" is very good as well.

Different strokes and all that, as usual . . .

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
It's different at McDonald's, not WH. McDonald's Coke is the shiznit.
When I used to go there, I thought the same thing also but a longtime friend of mine who recently retired from Coke said it's only the way McD mixes and dispenses it. He swore they got no different formulation.

Milwaukee

Banned
When I used to go there, I thought the same thing also but a longtime friend of mine who recently retired from Coke said it's only the way McD mixes and dispenses it. He swore they got no different formulation.

You are 100% correct, that's what I was referring to. They mix it differently to account for the cold ice. It's fantastic, burns a hole in your throat.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
If we are really trying to get the "every man" to become a GT fan, maybe along with WH, we need to have CGC get some pics at Dollar General or Big Lots. :)

At least in my experience, the socioeconomic background of people that go to Waffle House is much more diverse than Big Lots, Family Dollar, or Dollar General. I know and have seen poor, lower middle, upper middle, and wealthy people at WH.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Same here. Was in Cali for a wedding and HAD to stop by In and Out to get some burgers and shakes. I mean, it was OK...just didn't get the fuss.

IMO, Checkers is one of the most underrated fast food burgers you can get. I'll take a Checker's Big Buford over anything In and Out has.

Thank you!! I don't get the fuss about In'n'Out burgers, either. We were out in Texas and stopped by one with the family and some friends and none of us could understand what the big deal was.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
At least in my experience, the socioeconomic background of people that go to Waffle House is much more diverse than Big Lots, Family Dollar, or Dollar General. I know and have seen poor, lower middle, upper middle, and wealthy people at WH.

Well, I was joking, as you could see with the emoji, as I agree with you. But, honestly, I have shopped (and will in the future) at all of these locations and of course eaten at WH.