What is this thing about Waffle House?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Every time I go I always tell myself I’m going to get something different then end up getting my old standby: two eggs scrambled with cheese, grits, bacon, raisin toast and coffee. (Cheese n eggs breakfast!)

Animal02

Banned
Every time I go I always tell myself I’m going to get something different then end up getting my old standby: two eggs scrambled with cheese, grits, bacon, raisin toast and coffee. (Cheese n eggs breakfast!)
When I travel for work, I get breakfast when they are close.....always walk in thinking ''just something small" and end up with their "All-star" or"All American" or whatever it is called......do donneed to eat until dinner. ;)

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
For seventeen years, my kids and I go pick up an all star special, et al, to bring back to my husband for Father's day. He looks forward to that each year and I think he would be disappointed if we stopped.

Plus, Waffle House management is the master at emergency preparedness and supply chain logistics. If you've never heard of the Waffle House Index, you should Google it. There was an article about it and the GT founders in the alumni magazine a couple years back.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Just celebrated UGA’s loss to Bevo at our local Waffle House this morning with my wife GT RamblerLady and our 9-year-old granddaughter!

Granddaughter Eva: Two eggs scrambled, plain hash browns, bacon and toast.

GT RamblerLady, Same as Eva above.

Me: Two eggs over medium. hash browns scattered, smothered and covered, sausage and toast.

Way to hook ‘em, Horns!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My alternative meal at Waffle House:
Pecan waffle with egg over easy and crispy bacon.

I can usually skip a meal that day if I eat this for breakfast.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
My youngest son spent the night with a friend when he was 9 or 10. They played baseball together and the friends Dad & I coached the team. They took him to one of the Japanese places that cook at your table. The Dad asked my son if he had ever eaten at place where they cook your food right in front of you. My son, without missing a beat replied, "Yeah, we eat at Waffle House all the time."

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Cheese grits >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hash browns :yuck:

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
And no one has mentioned the HashBrown Bowl? Out of this world good. And lots of it. (Ask 'em to put a little sausage gravy on top, too.) Highly unlikely you'll eat anything else in the next 16-24 hours, but you'll be in a happy, gastronomic stupor.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I'll take more pride and order it a little louder when I get my regular: TEXAS bacon, egg and cheese, double hash browns crispy, scattered, double covered and capped with a waffle and OJ!

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Just had an all star special earlier this week. Cheese eggs. Hashbrowns covered. Crispy bacon. My perfect waffle with every square filled with syrup. Yesss sirrrrr.

buzzn

Georgia Tech Fan
I'll take more pride and order it a little louder when I get my regular: TEXAS bacon, egg and cheese, double hash browns crispy, scattered, double covered and capped with a waffle and OJ!
TooTall I do the same, but add another egg on it

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
When home always include a trip to the Waffle House no matter how tight the schedule.

In my younger days... when getting over-served at the clubs was very common... a 2 AM stop at the Waffle House for a double-cheeseburger, waffle, and bowl of chili...with lots of sweet tea...ensured no head or stomach issues the next AM. This could be marketed as a hangover preventative with zero reservations...

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Anybody else miss the T-Bone as much as I do? Wasn't the prettiest thing to look at but seasoned perfectly with salt and pepper only, it was to die for.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
It's like how some are huge fans of CFA or me dreaming about In N Out burgers sometimes...