Wesley Wells

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
And then takes the top clients to the Cheetah

Screen_Shot_2019-06-05_at_1.26.32_PM.jpg

White_Gold

GT Athlete
If he played over Wesley, I can assure you that he earned it. It’s completely different than the last coaching staff that didn’t necessarily start or play the best players that could be put on the field.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If he played over Wesley, I can assure you that he earned it. It’s completely different than the last coaching staff that didn’t necessarily start or play the best players that could be put on the field.

Lol. Assure us? Please try. I’m not giving the last regime a pass for doing this (Bryan) stupid stuff and not giving CGC a pass either. Sewak was a fool and CGC is being one now.

404 culture.....where practice matters more than games.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I was sick to my stomach when the kick went wide right. I turned to my dad and said, “Well, he was bound to miss one eventually.” Needless to say I was glad that it wasn’t Wells that missed and shocked that King got the attempt. If you are going to wear teal shoes during a game, you better have the skills to back it up. :whistle: Hopefully Wells learned his lesson and wins his spot back.

Hopefully CGC learned his lesson and won’t make another boneheaded ATL call. His rhetoric indicates otherwise.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
All of this debate over the kicker can only mean one thing...

Wells starts this week and misses a field goal leading to more confusion and "I told you so's."

Similar-ish to a situation happened in the English premier league. Man U gets a player who hadn't missed a PK and one game the secondary penalty kicker takes it and misses and there's a huge uproar. Following game the guy that hadn't missed goes for one and misses. Good ol murphy always showing up when he's least wanted.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer

So let's take your business example.
You have a top salesman that has all the contacts, knows the right people and what they are looking for, and how to make the sale.....he has a track record of top sales every year. Comes into the office at 11 and leaves at 3. The new hire doesn't have a clue, but it at his desk at 8 am and doesn't leave until 7 pm.....does everything the new boss asked him etc. So the new boss promotes the new kid because of " culture".

Guess what happens......I can tell you because I have seen it happen. Bankruptcy.
In that example, the new guy is getting a promotion purely because of culture and being a "yes man" and not performance. If the top salesman is actually out performing the new kid, he should the job.

CGC has specifically said that King out preformed Wells in practice to earn the right to kick. That's why I tried to keep all things outside of performance equal in my example. As far as we know(from what CGC has said publicly), Wells and King show up to practice on time and both work hard but King has just kicked better in practice. Like everyone else, I think Wells earned the starting job, but I also don't expect CGC to make an exception to his rules because it will undermine everything he is trying to build.