Wesley Wells

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
Well he sure didn't earn it in on game day FGs I understand it was a long one and probably shouldn't even been attempted but I know Wesley Walls is perfect in real games perhaps this is just a coach letting guys play and Walls is cool with it but ultimately Walls is the proven commodity

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Forgot to mention the most important point, major party foul on the OP for the thread title.

It's your 1st post so I should explain. There's a history of 'player name only' thread titles that usually mean something bad has happened.

So, whenever most of us see a thread titled with just a player's name, hit elicits panic attacks. You've probably sent half the board to the ICU. :ROFLMAO:

Don't fret though, most of 'em deserve it.;)

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Wondering if it was a "message" sort of thing not to get complacent? Pure speculation on my part.
I will say that if we weren't going to use Wells, there was no reason to try a 50 yarder at all. Go for it or quick kick it. That was tied for my least favorite play call, next to the swinging gate.
The knock on King was always his distance. His first season, he was 5 of 6 and I believe all were chipshots. Wells had a 47 or 49 yarder last year, I believe.
I have to believe this was a situation of the staff thinking they needed to be consistent in their messaging regarding "Competition is King" but again, just don't try that 50 yarder.

See, ya'll. Even this koolaid drinker is capable of being critical of the new staff!

SpanishMossGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Forgot to mention the most important point, major party foul on the OP for the thread title.

It's your 1st post so I should explain. There's a history of 'player name only' thread titles that usually mean something bad has happened.

So, whenever most of us see a thread titled with just a player's name, hit elicits panic attacks. You've probably sent half the board to the ICU. :ROFLMAO:

I knew not. My apologies.

Deleted member 2897

Yea unless Wells is hurt or there is a discipline problem, you don't take a guy WHO HAS NEVER MISSED A KICK and WHO RESURRECTED US AT THAT POSITION and don't let him try the FG. He earned that shot. Hopefully watching the ball go 25 yards wide will prevent that overthink from happening again (if that's what it was).

MidtownJacket

Staff member
He gave him a ship. He isn’t going anywhere.

I like Wells too, but haven’t seen practice. Hopefully he outcompetes and gets back into the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow

Thank you. This is exactly why we need a Get back coach.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
One thing to keep in mind is that while Wells is perfect, it is on a small sample size, only 9 FGA's last year, with only 1 being over 45. Still had better numbers than King, but it's something to consider.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I don’t mind the ATL thing but IF you allow that to take president over on field performance I have an issue. You don’t reward a kid for a good week in practice if your regular player is 100%. Now, Wells could be injured or something else could be going on that we don’t see.