Wesley Wells

Animal02

Banned
Yeah there is plenty going to the coach, but people actually said that King had no business kicking field goals, that it is impossible that he out kicked Wells in practice, and that he sucks. Some of the same people that attacked others for "throwing players under the bus" are doing it themselves. Just find it ironic.
Not even close to throwing players under the bus.....comparing two players, whether it is QB of kickers is normal......saying the coaches are perfect and the players have DIII level skills is throwing them under the bus.

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
I was sick to my stomach when the kick went wide right. I turned to my dad and said, “Well, he was bound to miss one eventually.” Needless to say I was glad that it wasn’t Wells that missed and shocked that King got the attempt. If you are going to wear teal shoes during a game, you better have the skills to back it up. :whistle: Hopefully Wells learned his lesson and wins his spot back.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I completely agree that comparing the two with in game stats and saying Wells has preformed better in game is accurate. I wasn’t referring to those comments. It was only a few comments and while I think those comments did throw King under the bus, I don’t think they were intentional after rereading the entire thread.

Milwaukee

Banned
Competition is nice, but winning is king.

You got that right!

79C77D14-5612-4858-82CC-B94DFB595CA4.jpeg

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow
Kicker and QB should be exempt from week to week practice competition nonsense. A change should only be made if real in-game performance dictates. Some guys don’t practice the best every single week, but show up in the game every single time.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Do we really expect the kicker position to be an exemption from his rules? “How you do anything, is how you do everything” “Competition is king” “Practice how you play” “Culture built on effort”
That would be extremely hypocritical and would destroy any credit or trust CGC has with his players.

This is completely hypothetical and I’m not implying anything towards our kickers. Just imagine you had a new boss come in to your job. He tells all the employees “how you do your job everyday will dictate who gets a promotion”. So you bust your butt everyday to get that promotion and consistently outperform your coworkers on a daily basis but then he gives the promotion to one of your coworker because “his past performance before I was here was perfect and he just shows up at big moments”. Would you find that fair or ever take your boss at his word again?

Animal02

Banned
Do we really expect the kicker position to be an exemption from his rules? “How you do anything, is how you do everything” “Competition is king” “Practice how you play” “Culture built on effort”
That would be extremely hypocritical and would destroy any credit or trust CGC has with his players.

This is completely hypothetical and I’m not implying anything towards our kickers. Just imagine you had a new boss come in to your job. He tells all the employees “how you do your job everyday will dictate who gets a promotion”. So you bust your butt everyday to get that promotion and consistently outperform your coworkers on a daily basis but then he gives the promotion to one of your coworker because “his past performance before I was here was perfect and he just shows up at big moments”. Would you find that fair or ever take your boss at his word again?
So let's take your business example.
You have a top salesman that has all the contacts, knows the right people and what they are looking for, and how to make the sale.....he has a track record of top sales every year. Comes into the office at 11 and leaves at 3. The new hire doesn't have a clue, but it at his desk at 8 am and doesn't leave until 7 pm.....does everything the new boss asked him etc. So the new boss promotes the new kid because of " culture".

Guess what happens......I can tell you because I have seen it happen. Bankruptcy.