Virginia Postgame

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Among the things I have come to believe: this whole thread is a cut and paste operation with names and years changed. Because it reads exactly like last season and the season before and now this season. Same old things. Fire the coaches. Bad system. Bad special teams. The list goes on but you get the idea. Now I plead guilty to not watching the game -- my son was in town and even now I do have priorities -- but in looking and reading the box score and stats, it would seem we played a pretty good game. Against a 7-win team apparently destined to win the Coastal and sacrifice itself to Clemson later on. I don't know how Johnson was reeled into this conversation because I do not believe he any longer coaches Tech, but there he is. I am not a Collins man but enough really is enough. Give the guys credit. Hold Collins responsible, because he, and not Johnson, is actually the head ball coach, and if like me you are not inclined to give him slack this season -- not at his salary and not at his tweets -- at least acknowledge a game effort today.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Questionable clock management.

Offense probably played their best game, considering the competition. Graham is making a habit of stepping out of bounds short of the line to gain and it’s going to cost us in a key moment in the future if he doesn’t fix that.

Defense wasn’t very good, but considering the competition, I’m not going to say they were downright awful.

Special teams was downright awful.

It has always been a house of horrors up there for us, but we gave them a good fight. We’re starting to compete. They are probably going to finish first in the Coastal and we gave them all we had.

I will not look back fondly at 2019 and I’m still not wowed by the new staff, but I am seeing some progress. Let’s see if we can steal one or two more games and see what we can do in Year 2.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Questionable clock management.

Offense probably played their best game, considering the competition. Graham is making a habit of stepping out of bounds short of the line to gain and it’s going to cost us in a key moment in the future if he doesn’t fix that.

Defense wasn’t very good, but considering the competition, I’m not going to say they were downright awful.

Special teams was downright awful.

It has always been a house of horrors up there for us, but we gave them a good fight. We’re starting to compete. They are probably going to finish first in the Coastal and we gave them all we had.

I will not look back fondly at 2019 and I’m still not wowed by the new staff, but I am seeing some progress. Let’s see if we can steal one or two more games and see what we can do in Year 2.

Our defense has been just average to below average all year. We've looked good against average to below average offenses.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Not taking anything away from our guys, I just haven't paid any attention to NC State this season. Are they playing that poorly this year? (Just generally curious)
I think they have been hit by the injury bug, just like uva secondary. Good effort today, but wish they would give JP the ball more.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I’ve enjoyed this season because I’m watching GT claw it’s way back to big boy football one gritty process at a time. The Coastal is so bad yet not one team has taken charge in 10 years. With Foster on his way out I expect GT to take over the Coastal soon.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Agree. They just had one terrible series just before half time.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
I like our defense but 25 first downs and 9 for 16 on 3yrh downs and keeping the ball for 36 minutes tells me it was more than one drive. But most of the problem was one player, and lots of miss tackles

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
Y'all know I have no love for P'nut but the offense did not lose this game. That goes to the defense and a bad kicking game. I don't like to pull scholarships but I would pull King's and Wells after this season.
But but that’s processing. That’s not the Ga Tech way. We can’t do that. We’re destined to be a mediocre program because the GaTech way.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Even though they are "1" year, it cannot be pulled for performance reasons per the NCAA. I think the walk ons are a different issue.

That only applies during the 1 year award period. A school can choose not to renew the scholarship for any reason.