Virginia Postgame

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
upload_2019-11-9_15-48-42.png

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Winnable game. Missed short field goal was 3 points on the field. Missed TD pass to Brown on the interception. And horrible ST cost us a lot. That UVA drive before the half could have been nothing with decent kicking and coverage. Perkins had like 3 near interceptions and if we got any one of those we could have won. Super close. Good news is that Graham was great for the most part. VT and NC State are much easier opponents.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Score before half did it. Anyone that can see the improvement at this point just doesn’t deserve to have an opinion of the team. We can win these next 2 games.

I think you mean anyone that can't see the improvement.

James Graham settled down after a terrible week last week, which is nice to see from a freshman. He got a little antsy in a couple of drives after the interview, but he was able to dial it back in. Liked him a lot today.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, I'm happy. Losing is never fun. But this team managed 2 pts against Temple. Taking the probable division champ down to the end of the game is serious progress. Our players get better every week. Graham has ability. Have to remember he's not even a year into this system.

Take the best from the team that played today and add back Lee, Cooper, Camp and Swilling, add Ezzard, Clayton and some Fr from a top-25 class and next year is looking promising IMHO.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Nice rebound by Graham. 15/22 for 229 yds is no slouch.

We struggled on special teams. D wasn't able to generate a turnover, which we needed.

As I mentioned earlier this week, the VT spread should settle somewhere in the 1 score range. I'm thinking +5 or +6.

There's a chance we're favored vs. NC State. Worst case, a coin flip.

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
Big transformation from Week 1 to today. We have an offensive identity. Our guys play hard. We would’ve been beat 45-0 by UVA 6 weeks ago. Genuinely excited about our future going forward. 5-6 weeks ago it looked as if we wouldn’t compete against P5 teams for another 2 years. Those that claimed that were unbelievably wrong.

go jackets

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Key and the OL earned steak dinners today.

The decision to kick away Reed before half was a killer.

Take both Kickers schollies at season end.

Great bounce back by Graham.

I’m sick of of LBs. On the rub slants, our LBs are in no man land. I green dog the RB (blitz if he stays in pass pro) or sink underneath the slant. That plays was open quite bit bc of that

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
UVA obviously made good adjustments at halftime to impact our offense. Our starting the first 2 drives in the 2H at the 2 and 11 didn't help either. Definitely can see progress being made and hope it continues.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Well, I'm happy. Losing is never fun. But this team managed 2 pts against Temple. Taking the probable division champ down to the end of the game is serious progress. Our players get better every week. Graham has ability. Have to remember he's not even a year into this system.

Take the best from the team that played today and add back Lee, Cooper, Camp and Swilling, add Ezzard, Clayton and some Fr from a top-25 class and next year is looking promising IMHO.
That thought keeps me going this year. I think we will make a HUGE leap next year.

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Much improved on offense. Undoubtedly Graham's best day. Missed a few of those easy pitch and catch plays that he needs to be consistent on, but hit more than he missed overall. I just can't believe how bad our special teams are.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm seeing improvement every week almost everywhere except our PKs, who are actually regressing. Not sure what CGC will do about that position in the off-season but change is needed.
Graham missed a couple of easy 3rd down throws today. Good news is that he had ample time to set and make a throw, unlike previous weeks. OL definitely made strides today and D was solid most of the 2nd half.