Virginia Postgame

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Finally read through it all. Tale of two halves as has been the case all season. Hard to blame the offense for the second half when the average starting position was the 13 yard line (2, 12, 25) with the final drive being 25 yard line as well. Considering how poor we have been in long and medium drives, getting 7 points in those 4 drives is over performing for us. Still too many three and outs, but the drives where we succeeded were good.

For the defense, we under performed. The defense did have to defend 4 drives of under 60 yards (which is not a recipe for success). UVA was averaging 2.88 points per drive drives of under 60 yards and we gave up 23 points on these drives (failed 2 point conversion keeping it from 24). If we just find a way to hold them to FG's in each of those drives (which is still higher than their season average) then we are winning when they get the ball on their final drive. I think I have mentioned our defense's inability to stop short drives all season, and in this game it cost us.

Deleted member 2897

It’s fortunate for us because I cant remember the last time the ACC has been this bad. It’s all up for the taking these next few years.....except for Clemson.

We still have a good chance at 12 bowl teams. There are currently only 3 teams in the entire conference with a losing record, and one of those is UNC, who has lost nearly every game by like 1-3 points LOL.

slugboy

Staff member
I was thinking this exactly

By FEI, UVA is the #52 defense. Pitt is #12 and Miami is #22 and Clemson is #1.

UVA by definition is above average on defense. They aren’t bad, but we’ve played much tougher.

We played well against them, and when we start connecting on some of the open mid range passes we’ll do really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Animal02

Banned
I’ll be there. Just like I have been for 40+ years, just like my dad before me and my son now. I won’t like it. I don’t like it. But unlike a lot of people I won’t quit on my team and wish them to fail. I think you can win and be principled. Maybe I am wrong
So who are the people wishing the team to fail? I keep hearing that there are. Funny thing is that there were several that did when CPJ was still at the helm

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
So who are the people wishing the team to fail? I keep hearing that there are. Funny thing is that there were several that did when CPJ was still at the helm

It is true that I think there were people that were easy to pick at about our "high school offense". They wanted this social bullying to stop, so they wanted the 3O to fail. I am amazed at people who care so much what others think.

If I thought GT could recruit at a top 10 level, then sure, I would of also been against bringing CPJ to Tech, but I thought then, and I still believe today, we have to have a genius O coordinator to give us a chance, and I do not think we have that right now. Yes, I wanted PJ and his staff to be better recruiters, and I really do believe a person like Monken could have provided a vision to help get our recruiting into the top 35 more consistently while keeping the option principles, but that was pre-determined to not be possibility. We better find someone like Joe Brady at LSU or other, or we won't be able to ever beat a team with decent coaching and significantly more talent for some time to come. (daU's coaching is pretty poor, but they still win with any FG kicking) Better 3 star players will not get us there. A few more 4 star players, unless they are LOS players, will not get us there either.