USF Postgame #USFvsGT

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Again, your hyperbolic comment was pointed out for what it was. You shifted your argument. But hey, we've seen that before...

again, your counter that the INT rate of the previous few years wasn't that bad was completely wrong. The previous scheme has departed. Please try to support the new coach and players. I know this is against your agenda but the players deserve better.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Seems to me that if we go with oliver it's more of the option he ran last season. Maybe they can teach him how to throw a 5 yd. dink pass which would limit stacking the LOS.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Still the rate is far lower we had 9 interceptions on 246 attempts so far we have attempted 39 passes and thrown three interceptions. So dead duck passing interception rate of 1 ever 27 attemps. New hotness 1 every 13 also the majority ofnour passing game was vertical. High risk high reward throws this year we have thrown 3 balls past 10 yards.

Let's see - You compare the rate of 2 entire seasons (where we attempted fewer passes than almost every school in the country) vs that of TWO GAMES of a brand-new offense (one of the game vs the defending national champs) with guys who were completely un-coached in throwing the football the past 2 years....and then equate the 2.

LOL - you PJ-Scheme CGC-hater guys crack me up. thank god that nonsense is gone!!

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I’m rapidly starting to feel the same way. So much “I want the team to win but I don’t want to let them have fun doing it” and “everything needs to be what I want it to be” happening.
No one is saying everything needs to be what I want or for the players not to have fun. So tell me, what has to happen for the players to have fun during a road game when there no yelling money down. Fans want to have fun too and a lot were not with Money Down being shouted at them.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Saw stat in the ajc that pointed out that teams with offenses that avg. less than 300 yds of offense per game, only win 16% of their games.
That is true in this day and age. Back in the day, a 7 point lead at Grant Field was money in the bank it was better than a south Georgia pond with channel cats and corn meal batter waiting next to the fire.

If you're looking to listen and using a smart phone, maybe online radio is a choice? if so,IMG sports network isn't bad
If I am at home and want to listen, they yes, I use the IMG sports network. I guess I haven't tried that on my phone, because, at least until yesterday, the TuneIn Radio app worked fine. I only use that though for post-game shows as I am driving home. I will see if I can access IMG sports network on my phone.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
again, your counter that the INT rate of the previous few years wasn't that bad was completely wrong. The previous scheme has departed. Please try to support the new coach and players. I know this is against your agenda but the players deserve better.

I do support the new coach and scheme. I've been cautioning everyone to give CGC a chance to get his players in before judging him. I was sitting in my seats throughout that heat Saturday cheering for my team. Were you there?

The big difference between you and I being I am able to cheer on the new staff without crapping on the old staff. You seem pretty incapable of that.

Let's see - You compare the rate of 2 entire seasons (where we attempted fewer passes than almost every school in the country) vs that of TWO GAMES of a brand-new offense (one of the game vs the defending national champs) with guys who were completely un-coached in throwing the football the past 2 years....and then equate the 2.

LOL - you PJ-Scheme CGC-hater guys crack me up. thank god that nonsense is gone!!
And you CPJ scheme haters crack me up. Obviously CGC is not going to continue CPJ's scheme, but when the players he inherited are more attuned to that scheme FOR NOW, then he would be stupid not to capitalize on it. It's going to take some time to break old habits and to get new material, but why on earth would you want to try to cram square pegs into round holes and not accommodate until you get more round pegs? That's why starting Tobias at Clemson made PERFECT sense, and why it may still make sense to continue starting him until either LJ or Graham or even a new recruit can actually operate the new system, which none of them apparently currently can.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer

I love how you automatically assume I hate CGC. What if i told you i was absolutely in love with hows he transformed the defense. But you know, I think the offense is suffering because of it. The offense is specifically running a scheme that will help the defense prepare, forcing it to be more multiple than personnel support. The idea is to do just enough to win and let the defense close it out. Am i doing this right? Sorry I have a hard time dumbing my thought process down to match yours.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
I love how you automatically assume I hate CGC. What if i told you i was absolutely in love with hows he transformed the defense. But you know, I think the offense is suffering because of it. The offense is specifically running a scheme that will help the defense prepare, forcing it to be more multiple than personnel support. The idea is to do just enough to win and let the defense close it out. Am i doing this right? Sorry I have a hard time dumbing my thought process down to match yours.
LOL ... that is brilliant :)

Animal02

Banned
Because for the koolaid drinkers......any criticism of CGC or staff automatically makes you a hater, an non fan etc etc. Welcome to the club. :rolleyes:

Animal02

Banned
No one is saying everything needs to be what I want or for the players not to have fun. So tell me, what has to happen for the players to have fun during a road game when there no yelling money down. Fans want to have fun too and a lot were not with Money Down being shouted at them.
Game day should be all about selling the product to the paying customers......getting butts in the seats and eyeballs on the screen. Without that..........the players will be paying their own tuition and playing intramural flag ball.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Because for the koolaid drinkers......any criticism of CGC or staff automatically makes you a hater, an non fan etc etc. Welcome to the club. :rolleyes:
This is rich coming from you. Seeing as anyone that tells the truth about the state of our program is a kookaid drinker that worships some “Messiah”. :rolleyes:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I do support the new coach and scheme. I've been cautioning everyone to give CGC a chance to get his players in before judging him. I was sitting in my seats throughout that heat Saturday cheering for my team. Were you there?

The big difference between you and I being I am able to cheer on the new staff without crapping on the old staff. You seem pretty incapable of that.

Got to visit w this nice family at the photo booth.
Will see them next week for post game tail gate.

We have a defnse w a pulse that could become very good in a few years. We have best punter in acc,
good special teams, and all we hear is cgc is making major mistake in not picking one qb.
Be thankful and come to games and make friends. Also donate.

20190907_130723.jpg

Last edited: