USF Postgame #USFvsGT

bishopbee

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought the the long snap counts were the result of the O line and QB making calls to adjust to the changes they were seeing pre-snap from the defense. I was pleased that the O line showed discipline and only had one false start penalty for the game. I like that we were quick to line up, giving us ample time to try and get the calls right. Didn't always work, but pleased to see the effort to communicate and try to get calls right

Animal02

Banned
I will have to disagree with part of this. We have great traditions at the institute and need to preserve many of them. No reason to park the wreck or silence the whistle. Besides what great traditions does 'bama have anyway?
Not only that, but CGC......like every coach is just a passing ship........he will be gone on a short period of time (compared to long standing traditions)

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
You think there’s a 25 point difference (USF scored 35 offensive points last year versus 10 points this year) because of our brand new defense? No way. If our defense is so much improved this year over last year, it sure didn’t show against Clemson. We gave up 49 points and 480 yards of offense last year versus 52 points and 639 yards of offense this year. I’ll admit that our new defense is passing the eye test where Roof’s didn’t but I don’t think the improvement made anywhere near a 25 point difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A more realistic comparison is points and yards per play, not total points and yards. The CPJ O shortened the game and helped the D statistically in total yards and scores.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
I will have to disagree with part of this. We have great traditions at the institute and need to preserve many of them. No reason to park the wreck or silence the whistle. Besides what great traditions does 'bama have anyway?
Nobody said that we would do that. How bout we keep an open mind for new things?

Yes we we're fortunate....but what really pissed me off was our broadcasters (the ones that are on the game day app...I was at my son's CYO game) that said the ruling regarding the fumble, if reversed would be the essentially game over....they were as bad as half the people in chat. If they had scored they would have been up by three with several minutes left......more than enough for the O to at least pick up a FG.
By the "game day app" do you mean ITunes? I tried to listen to the post-game show yesterday, and, although I stuck with it, every couple of minutes or so, there would be a repeat of about 10 words just spoken, making it difficult to keep up with the flow of the conversation or analysis. There was no break in the audio stream; just a seamless repeat of what had just been said. It was very disconcerting. A friend of mine told me he had that experience with the Clemson broadcast, but I had forgotten about it till yesterday. Did you have a similar problem?

Animal02

Banned
By the "game day app" do you mean ITunes? I tried to listen to the post-game show yesterday, and, although I stuck with it, every couple of minutes or so, there would be a repeat of about 10 words just spoken, making it difficult to keep up with the flow of the conversation or analysis. There was no break in the audio stream; just a seamless repeat of what had just been said. It was very disconcerting. A friend of mine told me he had that experience with the Clemson broadcast, but I had forgotten about it till yesterday. Did you have a similar problem?
It is GT Gameday......it has a link to the audio broadcast which makes it handy

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I am so tired of the kids are different these days excuse.
The players should be oblivious to the PA system and what is being said.
The entire game day is a representation and a reflection of the Institute. From the ticket takers and ushers to the broadcasters and PA announcers. Furthermore, game day is about attracting and keeping paying customers.....NOT making the players happy.

Bwahahaahaaaaa.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I don't care for it either but if the players like it and respond to it...well, just do it for them. They seemed excited and played hard yesterday even in the miserable heat which is more than can be said for some teams like FSU and Tennessee.

Totally agree!

GT_EE78

Banned
I can't ever get GT Gameday to work, so I turned to ITunes. It was never a problem in the past, but it was weird yesterday (and apparently at Clemson too, based on my what my friend said).
If you're looking to listen and using a smart phone, maybe online radio is a choice? if so,IMG sports network isn't bad