USF Postgame Discussion

herb

Helluva Engineer
Allow what ? I just continued on with the "you're a dawg" I haven't wrote anything that would get me banned.

If my post was taken that way, it is not as intended. In the past there have been people posting under different account names within the same thread. That is what I was referring to. You are entitled to your opinion certainly.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Realistically, you can’t fire him. But enthusiasm will die until we make a change.
I agree. We are in absolutely no position to fire CPJ currently unless one (or more) donor(s) step up and foot the bill. If this year becomes a repeat of last year, enthusiasm for the program will continually decline and that'll have long-term effects. 9 wins and a Coastal title would remedy that, but right now it's looking like a tall order.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Did I see it wrong on the 4th down play at the end. They had trips left split way out and we only had 2 dbs there. We had to know what was coming with that formation.
To me, the guys out there might have blocked early, you can’t block before the WR has the ball. But I think a 3rd guy came in late.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
That's what I thought.
I also thought it was pretty obvious you blow through those WRs in that formation as soon as the ball is snapped.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
If we win out we will still make the playoff. No need to panic yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this was an OOC loss. There is much more on the line next week against a team that, I believe, will knock off Penn State tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Our guys just have trouble closing the deal. It's been that way for a while. Every aspect of our team failed to get it done when the game was on the line. This has now become a character trait for our program. Most games are won or lost on a few plays. When those plays come up in a game, we pretty consistently fail to make them. I think you have to recognize this, examine it and find a way to change it. It may very well take a coaching change to fix it. I would start with the team leaders. If they can not get things going in the right direction, change the leadership. If that doesn't work, change the coaching staff.

We have 10 games left to play regardless of whatever else happens. We can win most of them, just like we could have won today. Something has to change on the field or we are in for another losing season.

Go Jackets!