Upcoming announcement for stadium renovations? Found these advertisements newly posted around Bobby Dodd.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I actually really liked the full steam ahead logo at mid field. The whistle is a GT icon. And once the game started I never noticed it again. Can’t wait for the new seats In GT colors. I stopped by the TCU stadium this summer and that is how you color a stadium.

yoshiki2

Jolly Good Fellow
I think everyone is positioning for 2030, 2034, and 2036 (unless CFB goes nuclear, then all bets are off). I think in 2029/30, the B1G will renegotiate their contract for 6 years to coincide with the end of the ACC contract and that a handful of schools will leave. I think there will be schools that will leave the ACC for the SEC in 2036 and the SEC will proactively negotiate their 2033/34 contract to expand in 2036 for the ACC schools that will be joining. But, all ACC schools will remain in the ACC until 2036 (unless someone tries to buy out a year or two like Texas and Oklahoma did). These dates are just too close unless it all blows up (which I think is quite likely to happen).

Georgia Tech is positioning themselves to compete at the highest level. It remains to be seen what that means. I doubt Cabrera will be president when all this happens. CEO's don't usually stick around 15-20 years.
We need him to stay for at least 20 years, or we can get a clown like the previous president.

yoshiki2

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know how I feel about the making the midfield logo an ad for the fundraising campaign. Personally I would have rather had it as one of the secondary logos that get placed around the 25 on both sides. It just seemed a little tacky to me.

That being said, they brought it up in the broadcast, likely due to the prominence of it, and mentioned we had already raised 300 mil stating that it showed we are serious about building the program. Plus, it was mentioned again in the ACC Huddle after the game. So I guess it did bring the positive press coverage showing everyone that we are serious about competing at the highest level. The combo of J Batt and Cabrera is huge for Tech right now!
We need all the publicity we can get. Hopefully we can also increase the number of undergraduate students to 25k at least? The more students te we got, the higher the alumni base will be.