Upcoming announcement for stadium renovations? Found these advertisements newly posted around Bobby Dodd.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Just read that the East Side Club seats will require a $10,000 donation per seat, payable over 5 years. The Speakeasy club will require a $25,000 donation per seat, payable over 5 years.

I'm wondering if J Batt and his team has really surveyed their season ticket holders to see if they will pay that? I love Georgia Tech and our athletic programs and have been a season ticket holder for over 30 years, but I don't think I'd pay $10,000 per seat to sit in the sun. Hope they didn't miscalculate on this. A few folks on other sites discussing if they will renew or just buy seats in the same section on Stubhub.
Where did you read this? As an aspiring season ticket buyer, it sounds like I’m about to be an upper bowl guy.

For how spotty East club attendance already is with current pricing, this is shocking.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

1729258644598.png

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
So, if you've got four seats, you, the wife and two kids, that's $40,000 before season ticket costs and Tech Fund. Really hope they studied this. When my seats go from the 48 at Bobby Dodd to the 10 at MBS, I have no faith in the GTAA and their knowledge of our fan base based how to p!$$ them off.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Are you sure that doesn't cover Tech Fund? I think Lexus Deck is something like $300/game after season+Tech Fund so the East Club price roughly lines up with that.

Am I reading correctly that the Speakeasy is located in the East Side Club and costs an extra $3000/yr for "upscale dining and beverage" (liquor? better all-inclusive food?)? Seems like it's just aimed at corporate donors entertaining clients - who the hell sits in a windowless speakeasy while a football game is going on 200 feet away?

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
Just read that the East Side Club seats will require a $10,000 donation per seat, payable over 5 years. The Speakeasy club will require a $25,000 donation per seat, payable over 5 years.

I'm wondering if J Batt and his team has really surveyed their season ticket holders to see if they will pay that? I love Georgia Tech and our athletic programs and have been a season ticket holder for over 30 years, but I don't think I'd pay $10,000 per seat to sit in the sun. Hope they didn't miscalculate on this. A few folks on other sites discussing if they will renew or just buy seats in the same section on Stubhub.
I received a survey back early in the year that asked what I thought a fair value would be for different tiers of seating. I don’t remember all the exact details but it was fairly comprehensive so I think they’ve done their homework. Been a STH for 15 years and I just assumed we all got it.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I received a survey back early in the year that asked what I thought a fair value would be for different tiers of seating. I don’t remember all the exact details but it was fairly comprehensive so I think they’ve done their homework. Been a STH for 15 years and I just assumed we all got it.

Yeah, I think I got one a year ago or maybe longer. All of the costs just seemed really high to me. But then, I'd rather be in my seats watching the game rather than in a windowless restaurant/bar area. We'll see.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer

I sit in the club seats. I pay over $5K a year for four seats on the 46 yard line in row 20. I am seriously considering reducing my seat allocation down to two next year with the announcement that prices are the same, but we do not get Uga tickets at MBS. Not sure about 2026, but there is no way I am paying $2K per seat to watch a semi pro football team for the same or potentially worse seats. So, it looks like my procurement of GT football season tickets will be ending in the next year or so.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I sit in the club seats. I pay over $5K a year for four seats on the 46 yard line in row 20. I am seriously considering reducing my seat allocation down to two next year with the announcement that prices are the same, but we do not get Uga tickets at MBS. Not sure about 2026, but there is no way I am paying $2K per seat to watch a semi pro football team for the same or potentially worse seats. So, it looks like my procurement of GT football season tickets will be ending in the next year or so.
I know how you feel, but take it from someone who had season tickets for 41 years and I had to stop going to the games cause my wife has Alzheimer’s and I couldn’t leave her home and tried to take her but that didn’t work out. I miss going to the games watching it on TV each week ain’t the same. But I can drink more beer now that I don’t have to drive home. ( stech81 remember to go get more beer this afternoon)

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Are you sure that doesn't cover Tech Fund? I think Lexus Deck is something like $300/game after season+Tech Fund so the East Club price roughly lines up with that.

Am I reading correctly that the Speakeasy is located in the East Side Club and costs an extra $3000/yr for "upscale dining and beverage" (liquor? better all-inclusive food?)? Seems like it's just aimed at corporate donors entertaining clients - who the hell sits in a windowless speakeasy while a football game is going on 200 feet away?

The food will be like the club in McCamish.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

Food in the Callaway Club is fine, nothing spectacular. Not worth $2,000 per ticket per year in my mind. Even in the suites I've been in, the food is okay, basically fine. Sometimes wings, ribs or fried chicken with mac and cheese, some veggies or salad. Maybe cookies or a little dessert and then popcorn, M&Ms, etc. Stocked fridge with sodas, beer, wine, etc. I assume you can upgrade what you get. Again, not worth $2,000 per seat I wouldn't think, but to each his own.

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
I know how you feel, but take it from someone who had season tickets for 41 years and I had to stop going to the games cause my wife has Alzheimer’s and I couldn’t leave her home and tried to take her but that didn’t work out. I miss going to the games watching it on TV each week ain’t the same. But I can drink more beer now that I don’t have to drive home. ( stech81 remember to go get more beer this afternoon)
Same here stech. Age and health issues make me happy I can see all the games on TV in my recliner. Of course I wish I was able to attend, but hey, it is what it is. ( I hate that saying LOL)

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Food in the Callaway Club is fine, nothing spectacular. Not worth $2,000 per ticket per year in my mind. Even in the suites I've been in, the food is okay, basically fine. Sometimes wings, ribs or fried chicken with mac and cheese, some veggies or salad. Maybe cookies or a little dessert and then popcorn, M&Ms, etc. Stocked fridge with sodas, beer, wine, etc. I assume you can upgrade what you get. Again, not worth $2,000 per seat I wouldn't think, but to each his own.

Oh im sure the main thing for the speakeasy is the people that are buying it are probably already donating near that level or above.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
The food it good catering food, but not anything like Chops. I don't think the food itself is worth $2,500, but non-club side court tickets are $1,025. So it is a difference of about $1,500. The food itself is probably only worth about $500-600 if you eat there every game. The bigger thing, in my opinion is that you can access food, drink, restrooms, etc without any issues. During a TV timeout, you can: Go pee, get some popcorn and a soda, and be back in your seat well before the end of the timeout. Also, it is more possible to meet people in there. I don't have season tickets in there, but the couple of times I got tickets in that area, Pres. Peterson moved into a seat close by and chatted for a while.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I think it will be catered by Proof of the Pudding but the page linked above makes it sound like it's upscaled - maybe just a pricier catering package specifically for Speakeasy go-ers. I've never sat in the Lexus Deck but I believe it is also catered by Proof of the Pudding. They do a good job IMO and the bartenders (D & B?) are really friendly/build a relationship with you over the course of the season.

I also agree Callaway is not great value - atmosphere is such a big part of the college basketball experience and outside the student section, it's best in the side/corner behind the home bench (102, 103, 104). You are too far away from the court in Callaway to really feel the extent of energy.