UNC Postgame

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I take the responsibility for the L. I was at the Hawks open practice and my dad came and surprised me with tickets to the GT game for my bday. I wasn't prepared so all I had was a Dennis Schroder shirt and a blue sweatshirt. A GT fan at the game wearing the opposing teams color's = bad mojo. Anyways...I thought the O looked good in the first half. I had a feeling deep down at halftime that we were going to lose after our awful clock management/defense to end the half. Is it me or does Justin fumble going left every game?MLD played like a baller. Him, Qua, and Lynch are a nice combo of A-Backs for the future but our a-backs currently..yikes. Today we had a safety, multiple freshman,a walk on, and a super walk on in the rotation. It is impossible to win with almost all your RB's hurt. I got a good laugh and a little bit pumped up when the little white guy came in and ran hard. #NextDannyWoodhead. The defense ugh....AJ Gray needs to start, and play the whole game. Idk what is wrong with golden this year but he isn't the same. Milton is always a step late, and Demond needs to be near the line of scrimmage to take advantage of his strength: tackling. When DJ dropped that pass, I knew we were gunna lose(I'm sure everyone thought this). At LB, T. Lewis and Vic need more playing time along with Mitchell. I lost my voice after the Gotsis call and we blew another opportunity. We should be 4-1 but we arn't. I predicted 9-3....but now I am not feeling confident with that. I'm still going to ride with my squad tho!!! #BandwagonsPleaseHopOff

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Glad you take notice to that. Would you like to hear my next predictions for what's next to happen? Been hearing of some recruits getting ready to start exploring other options as well. The teams spirit is pretty much killed after this L and it will be extinct after Clemsons steams rolls up. Final record of the year 5-7 and the bowl streaks is over and the worse part is CPJ will still be the coach for as long as he wants. Some of you tough guys want like this post but you will get over it and realize that Tech football is and will always be mediocre and we all need to accept it for what it is. Will have another season like last year in................... 50 years ?? That's about how long it to win two major bowls hahahhaha!!

The only person on D who needs to be fired is Joe Speed. Pelton and Roof are fine. CPJ lost this game today.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
I wasn't prepared so all I had was a Dennis Schroder shirt and a blue sweatshirt. A GT fan at the game wearing the opposing teams color's = bad mojo.

My two raincoat options were either UNC blue or UGA red. I chose the red jacket. Luckily I didn't have to put it on during the game.

Aanderson1839

Georgia Tech Fan
A few quick thoughts:
  1. Our primary A backs today were 1 True Freshman making his 1st start (and he made several true freshman mistakes to go with some good plays), 2 walk ons, and 1 other RS Fresh.
  2. It sure seems like we never get good results when just rushing 4. Did not understand defensive scheme for a lot of the evening.
  3. I thought PJ did the right thing at the end of the 1st half on play calling. JT missed a possible TD and big play at a minimum. UNC went into half with 2 Time Outs.
  4. I DON"T get the JT QB follow 3 times inside the one for lots of reasons.
  5. I don't know what changed but we were blocking very well on the outside early and then dropped off significantly.
  6. ALL of our RB's and QB have got to stop trying to dance/cut back. Instead of getting no gain or even a yard or two we end up with negative plays.
Still pulling hard for the team.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
M. Marshall needs to play. Or atleast Allen. I actually liked the little toss to the bback we ran down near the goaline, you just can't expect to get much more than what is there. Would love to see us find ways to get the ball in some guys that could actually hurt the defense in the open field.

I keep hearing people talk about Marshall having a fumbling problem. Is this because he fumbled once in the first game? I've heard PJ say he needs to practice better or something similar, but I haven't heard anything about the fumbling since after the first game. You realize that he didn't just cough the ball up right? A guy came from behind the play and stripped it out. Now if he's coughing the ball up all of the time in practice that could be cause for concern, but something he did in the first game should not keep him out. Justin is still out there and he has the worst ball security issues on the team ( I understand he's our best option, so is Marshall in my opinion).

Someone else said it, but I'll take it a step further. Not only do I think we win this game with a healthy Byerly, we beat Duke in my opinion with a healthy Byerly as well.

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
Agee MM should get playing, He is a difference maker. Just as we saw MLD will be one. These guys need to be on the field.
Some will not like what I say here but our season changed last year when laskey got hurt and days started playing. He could get to the second level. Skov is a great kid and should play just not 95% of the time. We need the guys who can score a td or at least break off a 20'yd run getting touches.

MM has break away speed? How do we know? You counting that run against high school level talent? To say that he is a difference maker at this point is a joke. He must suck in practice to not be able to take the job. I trust PJ. He will play the best that he thinks...That's why he gets paid the big bucks.

Last edited:

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
The drop by DJ was actually a really good play by him. We were misaligned on D. They were in a 2 by 2 stack. DJ was the only defender on his side and had to cover 2 receivers. He guessed correctly which receiver the ball was going to and jumped the route.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
One more thing, I know you all will hate it but.....if Charlie Strong is fired I would love him at GT. There is almost no chance that CPJ gets fired but someone mentioned it to me after the game today and their reasons were pretty good I though.
1) he is a good recruiter
2)he is a powerful African American coach who is well respected
3) adds the passion and swag to a defense
I think the are all valid points. I would love a dominant African American coach to dominant the country from a school located right in the middle of one of the most diverse cities in America. Also he would definitely help us recruit more athletes on D and get the kids that we couldn't before. Lastly he would bring back my old homie(neighbor), linebacker coach Brian Jean-Mary (he also coached here before). So what yall think? you hate it right or nah? And if I could get my dream complete it would be Strong with Daniel Tosh aka Lane Kiffin as OC. Strong gets paid 5 million from UT but once he is let loose he might take a pay cut, but I would much rather spend that money on a good bball coach

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought PJ did the right thing at the end of the 1st half on play calling. JT missed a possible TD and big play at a minimum.

This is not to call you out specifically because I've heard several people say the same thing about JT missing a big play. From my vantage point it looked to me more like Lynch stopped running, slowed down or just could not get body in a position to catch the ball. I agree Justing should've put some more air under it and let him go get it, but the ball still should've been caught in my opinion. When/if I go back and watch it on my dvr I may feel differently, but that's how I felt in the moment. I also like the play calling, at least the idea of trying to score.

jason72

Georgia Tech Fan
I actually still enjoy watching the team play and didn't think we would be great this year but maybe 8-9wins. Then all the injuries have all but made that impossible but the bright side these younger guys have really impressed me alot. Everybody should have really been thinking playoffs next year and watching the younger players I think it's possible.

Matt E

GT Athlete
This is not to call you out specifically because I've heard several people say the same thing about JT missing a big play. From my vantage point it looked to me more like Lynch stopped running, slowed down or just could not get body in a position to catch the ball. I agree Justing should've put some more air under it and let him go get it, but the ball still should've been caught in my opinion. When/if I go back and watch it on my dvr I may feel differently, but that's how I felt in the moment. I also like the play calling, at least the idea of trying to score.

Agreed. Looked to me like Lynch slowed down

Aanderson1839

Georgia Tech Fan

I think that may be a fair assessment of the play. My main point there was not to call out JT, but rather to support the play calls by PJ at the end of the first half.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
MM has break away speed? How do we know? You counting that run against high school level talent? To say that he is a difference maker at this point is a joke. He must suck in practice to not be able to take the job. I trust PJ. He will play the best that he thinks...That's why he gets paid the big bucks.

Just like Days must've sucked in practice... Don't know if you've played sports or how long you played, but there are some kids that are just gamers. He may be one of them.

Btw, Skov played against Alcorn too. How many of those explosive plays did he have in that game? Same defense and he got more opportunities and ran with the 1's.

I swear some people would believe 2+2=7 if PJ said it. Just because someone has an opinion that differs from yours or what PJ is doing doesn't mean they don't support the coach or the program. PJ said it himself in the post game after either ND or Duke that Marshall needs to play more when talking about Skov missing opportunities for bigger plays.

Which PJ do you trust? The one that says Marshall needs to play more or the one that doesn't play him?

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
just look at his high school film. See my comment about days. Before laskey got hurt he was getting 3 or 4 carries a game. He made the difference last year. CPJ's evaluation of talent can be questioned.
It is time to give the other guys a chance and see what they can do.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This game was ours to win. There were so many ways we could have won that one, but couldn't make any of them happen. It is unfortunate, but the current identity of this team is one that doesn't make the plays needed to win when they are there to make. It CAN be changed, but currently, that is our identity. It is who we are. We own it.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
This game was ours to win. There were so many ways we could have won that one, but couldn't make any of them happen. It is unfortunate, but the current identity of this team is one that doesn't make the plays needed to win when they are there to make. It CAN be changed, but currently, that is our identity. It is who we are. We own it.
Exactly. And our identity last year was that of a team that made the plays needed to win, sometimes when they weren't there.

The only ones who can change this are us. And I'd be willing to bet that's exactly what they'll hear this week in practice.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not trying to be negative about the program but it would have been nice to have kept that LB that made some great plays for the heels. Junior Gnonkonde

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
[QUOTE="Lee, post: 182523, member: 786"]Just like Days must've sucked in practice... Don't know if you've played sports or how long you played, but there are some kids that are just gamers. He may be one of them.

Btw, Skov played against Alcorn too. How many of those explosive plays did he have in that game? Same defense and he got more opportunities and ran with the 1's.

I swear some people would believe 2+2=7 if PJ said it. Just because someone has an opinion that differs from yours or what PJ is doing doesn't mean they don't support the coach or the program. PJ said it himself in the post game after either ND or Duke that Marshall needs to play more when talking about Skov missing opportunities for bigger plays.

Which PJ do you trust? The one that says Marshall needs to play more or the one that doesn't play him?[/QUOTE]

I guess so..I wasn't there. PJ gets paid to make that call. I've played and I'm a believer that you play like you practice. I guess that's just old school.