UNC Postgame

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
It's 3rd and goal from the one and Carolina's Entire defense is in the box and we try to run our little QB up the middle. Now it's 4th and goal surely we won't try that again WRONG. We have a 240 lb bback maybe give him a shot to move the pile at least once . Better yet why not spread the field with a few wideouts and force some of those defenders out of the box?

On that last 4th down, the cb fired off the edge and left the wr wide open. Should have checked into a pass.and just tossed the ball. Easy touchdown. That's Paul outthinking himself. If it walks like a duck....

And I get it. If you can't get 1 yard you don't deserve it. But the crimson tide couldn't get 1 yard on unc if their whole team sold out on the run. If 11 guys sell out to stop the run throw the a damn ball.

Matt E

GT Athlete
It's 3rd and goal from the one and Carolina's Entire defense is in the box and we try to run our little QB up the middle. Now it's 4th and goal surely we won't try that again WRONG. We have a 240 lb bback maybe give him a shot to move the pile at least once . Better yet why not spread the field with a few wideouts and force some of those defenders out of the box?

Have we ever backed the B Back up a couple yards to get him a bigger head of steam on the goal line or to possibly go over the top?

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Or go to the rocket toss that worked all day, except one play. We get it. Our o line can't get 1 yard. Our smart the opposition to get the td. We don't have the depth of Bama to out muscle teams so far

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
Agee MM should get playing, He is a difference maker. Just as we saw MLD will be one. These guys need to be on the field.
Some will not like what I say here but our season changed last year when laskey got hurt and days started playing. He could get to the second level. Skov is a great kid and should play just not 95% of the time. We need the guys who can score a td or at least break off a 20'yd run getting touches.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
That makes way too much sense. We are too busy trying to prove our offense as originally constituted in Paul's head will work come hell or high water so we can prove to the whole division 1 football world they were wrong when they called it a high school offense. Adjustments are for losers so get back on the bus and don't upset the apple cart with such ludicrous suggestions. Btw the bus runs until 2020. Enjoy the ride. :banghead:

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
Have we ever backed the B Back up a couple yards to get him a bigger head of steam on the goal line or to possibly go over the top?
I have never seen us do that ....I just don't understand why CPJ won't spread the field if he is determined to run up the middle there. Give your guys a chance and with 11 guys within a yard of the LOS you are not doing that.

Matt E

GT Athlete
Agee MM should get playing, He is a difference maker. Just as we saw MLD will be one. These guys need to be on the field.
Some will not like what I say here but our season changed last year when laskey got hurt and days started playing. He could get to the second level. Skov is a great kid and should play just not 95% of the time. We need the guys who can score a td or at least break off a 20'yd run getting touches.

Agree with this. The kid has break away speed. I would love to see him run the Dwyer draw play on the occasional 3rd and 6+ instead of JT with a QB spy on him.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't have a voice left from screaming it out during the game. Absolutely should not have blown a 21 point lead, but I was concerned when they pulled to within 21-14 at the half and received the ball in the third. I really liked the no huddle to open the game, and it paid wonders early. Two game changing plays was DJ White dropping a surefire pick six and the Thomas fumble right after getting great field position. Credit UNC where it is due, running a trick play and/or taking a shot after a turnover is Football 101.

I was screaming about the completely uncovered slot WR all game. I figured he was eligible. If he was ineligible, then yeah that was a pretty silly formation especially since I don't think we ran it that way once.

We can't execute a two-minute drill because we can't execute the passing game in our normal offense. We're not going to magically throw the ball down the field like the Falcons or the Packers. Receivers drop passes because they aren't used to catching them. This is something that just isn't going to happen in the PJ era, so I'll have to hope we get back to the point where the O-Line/B-backs punish the defense and we have a few NFL stars that can bail us out when we do have to pass.

Finally, I ended up fairly angry because I watched a bunch of Tech fans in my section who pretty much refused to cheer or stand up when things were going well, but very much voiced their displeasure when things went poorly. I don't know why people revel in misery. Maybe it's just my section and I need to relocate my season tickets to an area a little more "rowdy".

Just saw Marquis Williams led UNC in rushing, passing, and receiving. So literally...one man beat us.

Matt E

GT Athlete
I know Whitehead weights about a buck 75 but from everything we have heard he can rush the passer. We are getting little from anyone on the line on 3rd and long, especially from the DE spot. No push to collapse the pocket. Why not give the guy a shot in those obvious pass situations? Can't get worse!

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I don't have a voice left from screaming it out during the game. Absolutely should not have blown a 21 point lead, but I was concerned when they pulled to within 21-14 at the half and received the ball in the third. I really liked the no huddle to open the game, and it paid wonders early. Two game changing plays was DJ White dropping a surefire pick six and the Thomas fumble right after getting great field position. Credit UNC where it is due, running a trick play and/or taking a shot after a turnover is Football 101.

I was screaming about the completely uncovered slot WR all game. I figured he was eligible. If he was ineligible, then yeah that was a pretty silly formation especially since I don't think we ran it that way once.

We can't execute a two-minute drill because we can't execute the passing game in our normal offense. We're not going to magically throw the ball down the field like the Falcons or the Packers. Receivers drop passes because they aren't used to catching them. This is something that just isn't going to happen in the PJ era, so I'll have to hope we get back to the point where the O-Line/B-backs punish the defense and we have a few NFL stars that can bail us out when we do have to pass.

Finally, I ended up fairly angry because I watched a bunch of Tech fans in my section who pretty much refused to cheer or stand up when things were going well, but very much voiced their displeasure when things went poorly. I don't know why people revel in misery. Maybe it's just my section and I need to relocate my season tickets to an area a little more "rowdy".

Just saw Marquis Williams led UNC in rushing, passing, and receiving. So literally...one man beat us.
wow....literally everything you said is what I was thinking. I guess ballers think alike

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
I know Whitehead weights about a buck 75 but from everything we have heard he can rush the passer. We are getting little from anyone on the line on 3rd and long, especially from the DE spot. No push to collapse the pocket. Why not give the guy a shot in those obvious pass situations? Can't get worse!

Remember from everything we heard Hunt-Days was unstoppable at DT.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't get all the talk about Days being so good last year at practice. Mason gave him such praise saying Days was the reason he played so well. Haven't seen much at all from him. I thought Freeman was going to be playing at a higher level too.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
That or just flip JT up and over Freddie or Shamire? Is that not legal??

Last edited:

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't get all the talk about Days being so good last year at practice. Mason gave him such praise saying Days was the reason he played so well. Haven't seen much at all from him. I thought Freeman was going to be playing at a higher level too.
I'm fine with KeShun. Jabari I thought we'd hear more from at this point. Is he being double-teamed? (I can only listen to most games.)