UNC Postgame

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Not trying to be negative about the program but it would have been nice to have kept that LB that made some great plays for the heels. Junior Gnonkonde

Sure would have but the coaching staff couldn't do much about him being an idiot with the ole academics. UNC's a good fit for him though.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Not trying to be negative about the program but it would have been nice to have kept that LB that made some great plays for the heels. Junior Gnonkonde

Pretty sure he couldn't get in due to grades. Would be nice to have him on our team though.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess so..I wasn't there. PJ gets paid to make that call. I've played and I'm a believer that you play like you practice. I guess that's just old school.

I would agree for the most part that guys play like they practice. That's just not always the case. I've played with several guys that were practice all-Americans but couldn't get it done when the game started. I've also played with guys that were average at best in practice but superstars when the lights came on. Adrenaline is an amazing thing.

I'm also not necessarily saying Marshall needs to be starting, but he needs to play more than zero snaps. Skov should not be getting 99% of the snaps at bback either IMO.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
This one was just like the two before it. We had a good chance to win but just can not make the plays necessary to get the job done. Not much room for error with our 2015 team. I saw some progress in some areas but I alsosaw some fallback in others. Seems like we have problems getting consistency out of the offense, defense and special teams. Hopefully we will get some plays made soon and get a win. Schedule is tough but ain't it always. Really hurts to lose one at home. It's going to get harder to keep the guys together the longer the losing continues. Hopefully we wont cave in completely this year.

Go Jackets!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
The complaining about the picture of JT on the bench to me is just silly. I had a GT fan cursing him out last year for doing the same thing claiming he didn't care about the team or winning etc etc.

Next time he got the ball he ran a good 15 yards and set Butker up to tie it from 52. Different people handle situations in different ways. Complaining someone doesn't do it the way you want him to is a very shallow way to look at it.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Injuries, turnovers, and blocking are still killing us. Everything turned when we lost Gotsis IMO. Right now we are an average team finding ways to lose. We can still correct a lot of our problems and improve every week going forward. And need to.

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
I feel like we are on the teetering edge of having a disastrous season. Short term goals like 6 wins will be huge for this team in light of all the injuries.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This game was ours to win. There were so many ways we could have won that one, but couldn't make any of them happen. It is unfortunate, but the current identity of this team is one that doesn't make the plays needed to win when they are there to make. It CAN be changed, but currently, that is our identity. It is who we are. We own it.

Just got back from a long round trip from NW fla - seats right behind bench let me see some great close ups of coach and players.
(Boomer you are so correct - we had a good chance to pull Oort this games in spite of our selves. There is no quit in this coach or this team - really exciting game to watch )
On most every play MLD did very well while in as ab. He blew up some db and ran with force and Speed on some toss sweeps. The play that his experience really hurt us was the east sideline pass going into the end of our last big drive where he was supposed to stop and let safety run by while he caught the pass from JT. Perfect route run with great speed and perfect pass but overran the sweet spot and in complete. After Coach called the next play, he went over to him and you could see that told him the error but he did it without much theatrics. Just you screwed up the roué - actually was coaching between plays.
To me that play stopped the drive. Please look at MLD as you review the game film - to me he is looking like a future star -runs the curve like on motor scooter. A real positive for the game and future.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I know Whitehead weights about a buck 75 but from everything we have heard he can rush the passer. We are getting little from anyone on the line on 3rd and long, especially from the DE spot. No push to collapse the pocket. Why not give the guy a shot in those obvious pass situations? Can't get worse!
Ted Roof on 3rd and long vs any offensive coordinator in the country, I'm putting my money on the OC. That is our kryptonite and has been for a while. Dabo will call plenty of draws because out linebacker unit can't cover the middle of the field and the flats at the same time.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
It would be hard to double team him and Gotsis at the same time.
A high school guard could handle Hunt on his own right now. No hustle at all from our front outside of Gotsis. Freeman isn't playing as well as advertised. Think he could be good, but at the moment he's not close to an Attouchu, Derrick Morgan type.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the information. Really couldn't tell that he was on the line, assumed he was back a bit. Wonder why we didn't back him off a time or two to make him eligible and burn their arses...
If coach calls the play, I guess jet can't audible to shift and make him elidigible - (2 on one in the wide side of field). That seems like a poor concept, but I am sure the guys on the board that watch the films and the moderators will show me the master planning I am missing,
I guess we run the coaches play no matter what - except possibly change direction

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
A high school guard could handle Hunt on his own right now. No hustle at all from our front outside of Gotsis. Freeman isn't playing as well as advertised. Think he could be good, but at the moment he's not close to an Attouchu, Derrick Morgan type.
Disagree on Hunt - he must clog the middle to protect lb. Issue is 42 is not setting hard edge and gives qb a lane to blow into secondary. Need to just bring pressure and play fast AND Hope we get runner or qb in backfield.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Disagree on Hunt - he must clog the middle to protect lb. Issue is 42 is not setting hard edge and gives qb a lane to blow into secondary. Need to just bring pressure and play fast AND Hope we get runner or qb in backfield.
Hunt was exposed and was lost yesterday...the sad part is its clear there isn't any replacement that would be a stopgap...

slugboy

Staff member
Here's a few thought...

For those complaining about the play calling at the end of the 1st half, the pass play on 1st down was wide open. JT needs to learn to put done air under the ball on deep throws, not just throw darts all the time.

Once Gotsis was ejected, our DL was toast. I was never a big Ted Roof fan and I'm still not. Way too vanilla...

I HATED the play call at the goal line when we were stopped. Does PJ expect our small QB to move a huge pile of bodies. HORRIBLE play call.

This team seems soft mentally. I think the bowl streak is toast.
Losing Gotsis hurt--UNC did nothing with him in, but we were still above average on defense against them. Offense was awful after the first three drives though. Outside was open if we get blocks