UNC Postgame

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
John, the ONE time today a slant was thrown was to Stewart on a 2nd and 14, he promptly gained 16. Never saw it again. I just don't know. Multiple times today Stewart was in the slot, uncovered, and not even a look his way!

CPJ needs to address why we never "smoked" hot read to Stewart when he was in the slot and no one within 10 yards.

LloydC

Georgia Tech Fan
image.jpeg
Thought this picture was pretty telling... Not what you want to see out of your starting qb and team captain at one of the crucial moments in the game (4th down losing by 3 late in the 4th qtr). At this point I'm not sure the mental toughness is there this year

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Here's a few thought...

For those complaining about the play calling at the end of the 1st half, the pass play on 1st down was wide open. JT needs to learn to put done air under the ball on deep throws, not just throw darts all the time.

Once Gotsis was ejected, our DL was toast. I was never a big Ted Roof fan and I'm still not. Way too vanilla...

I HATED the play call at the goal line when we were stopped. Does PJ expect our small QB to move a huge pile of bodies. HORRIBLE play call.

This team seems soft mentally. I think the bowl streak is toast.

I saw the same thing you did. Can question the play calling before half but with a little air the first down play would have been a big play. As far as the goal line, I told my brother at the game ----- I hope he doesn't run JT inside and he does it twice. CPJ said something about miscommunication after the game.

Gotsis out hurt and the DJ drop was huge. That int would have won the game.

The only thing I'll add, is it seems like JT get frustrated. He needs to keep his head up. I did not like his body language after the failed 4th down pass.

We had so many chances, really a disappointing loss. The only positive would be some of the young guys look like they can help us as they grow up. Wait until next year. But the division was there for the taking this year.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
CPJ likes to line up a WR in the slot but putting him on the line of scrimmage. Most times teams will put a defender out there not realizing that he is not an eligible receiver. NC recognized this and did not cover him. We continued to do it which gave numbers to the defense on the interior. I thought this was a mistake on the coaches fault.
Thanks for the information. Really couldn't tell that he was on the line, assumed he was back a bit. Wonder why we didn't back him off a time or two to make him eligible and burn their arses...

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just Saw the 21 point comeback was the largest in team history for UNC. Breaking the 17 point come back against the jackets in 87. Isn't that great???!!

Declinometer

Banned
Thanks for the information. Really couldn't tell that he was on the line, assumed he was back a bit. Wonder why we didn't back him off a time or two to make him eligible and burn their arses...
As you know, you must have 7 on the LOS. If he were to be in the backfield the A back on the other side would have to line up on the LOS.
I hoped they would shift before the snap (slot move back, A back move up) but they never did.