UNC Postgame

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We deserve to continue to lose games as long as a quarter of our carries are going to a guy who is a complete non-threat. Abacks were fine. QB was fine. Passing game was fine. BBack? 3.7. Third straight sub 4 ypc game. We're a run heavy team dead set on trying to have a fullback in our featured back slot. That ain't going to work.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
It's interesting that the staff implemented the two things very frequently suggested by fans after a loss:
  1. Slants
  2. No huddle

John, the ONE time today a slant was thrown was to Stewart on a 2nd and 14, he promptly gained 16. Never saw it again. I just don't know. Multiple times today Stewart was in the slot, uncovered, and not even a look his way!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
One of the most egregious calls I've seen in a very, very long time.
I think it has to be called, given how the rule is written. It was really unfortunate but the rule makes no exceptions for "accidents" or the obvious fact that helmet to helmet was unintentional. Hated it but I don't blame the ref. They are trying to protect players.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
I think it's time to pump the breaks a little on Justin Thomas.
He handles the ball on the edge and makes the right reads, most of the time, beautifully.
He doesn't get the tough yards and doesn't throw very well.

Given that he was recruited for that purpose, I think he is doing his job pretty well. We all know he was never going to be the QB for getting the tough yards, he is too slight for that. As for his throwing, no QB is going to hit 100%. I will grant you that he has missed some easy throws by a hair. But he has also made some tough throws. On top of that, his receivers are not helping him. So yes, JT has not been as good passing as we expected him to be, but maybe that's a complex function of all the moving pieces round him not playing as well and the pressure he feels to get a completion every time he tries to throw.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
John, the ONE time today a slant was thrown was to Stewart on a 2nd and 14, he promptly gained 16. Never saw it again. I just don't know. Multiple times today Stewart was in the slot, uncovered, and not even a look his way!
From my point of view, the last incomplete pass was a slant. Pass was a bit low but our guy was covered pretty tight.

Still, I'm sure there are a few calls CPJ would love to have back.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I think it has to be called, given how the rule is written. It was really unfortunate but the rule makes no exceptions for "accidents" or the obvious fact that helmet to helmet was unintentional. Hated it but I don't blame the ref. They are trying to protect players.

NE I know, but in watching it live and in replay, he didn't lead with his helmet and didn't target Williams' head in my view. It was a clean, form tackle on another player who is as tall as Gotsis. In watching the USF game last night early in the game the safety for USF came in with his helmet into the Helmet of the ball carrier as he was down or almost down. To me, that what the rule is intended to address not a shoulder to shoulder level hit.

4NatlChmps

Jolly Good Fellow
really, right now, this is a 4-5 win team with our schedule....hope they can turn it around. Hope some players play and not sit out due to injury.
No way if coached like today. Maybe 3 or 4 wins. Bowl streak over. Start with excuses. Injuries.....freshmen.....9o. And on and on. Fk that. Win now