UNC Postgame

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
Exactly. Billy Lotherige was a clear example. He had a guy in front of him that Dodd loved and thought would be All American QB before he finished Tech, Stan Gann, and practiced that way, while Billy looked like crap in practice. After about 3 or 4 games when we would be behind in the 4th quarter, Billy would come in and find a way to win the game for us. He became the starter ad a freshman and Dodd admitted Lotheridge played lousy in practice but was a baller. I also think we will not be as good playing Skov over Marshall. I would think PJ would have learned last year that our offense is plain vanilla with a vanilla B back, though I realize we have many other issues as well.

Who was the vanilla BB last year?

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
CPJ likes to line up a WR in the slot but putting him on the line of scrimmage. Most times teams will put a defender out there not realizing that he is not an eligible receiver. NC recognized this and did not cover him. We continued to do it which gave numbers to the defense on the interior. I thought this was a mistake on the coaches fault.

I agree in that it pretty much signals RUN.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
If Searcy and Snoddy play we put up 35 in the first half and break their will. We can't keep momentum or get it started til it's too late this year. I love JT but if we had Byerly we win that game and probably Duke. He seems to be trying to make up for the lack of experience on offense and it's killing our momentum with 15yard sacks or fumbles. He needs to just relax and make his reads. If it isn't there tuck it and get what you can.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I agree in that it pretty much signals RUN.
If we have megaton, etc as WR with single coverage to wide side that it signals PASS . I think it would mean the DC is stupid to have no safety help deep. What it says now is don't trust oou WR to get the ball. Earlier we threw to WR double coverage - in fact did it successfully several times. Hope we can make some big plays to earn some respect.
Smelter is missed!
I know we are getting better each week, but so are the other guys. Hope this is our week to execute and run the whole offense.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think it has to be called, given how the rule is written. It was really unfortunate but the rule makes no exceptions for "accidents" or the obvious fact that helmet to helmet was unintentional. Hated it but I don't blame the ref. They are trying to protect players.
I wish that were true, but we had a "helpless player" who was stood up by 2 while a 3rd came in and initiated helmet to helmet contact with the crown of his helmet. That is the definition of targeting and didn't even get a flinch from the officials.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I wish that were true, but we had a "helpless player" who was stood up by 2 while a 3rd came in and initiated helmet to helmet contact with the crown of his helmet. That is the definition of targeting and didn't even get a flinch from the officials.
Augustabuzz...sorry I m not following, but which play are you referring to? The Duke player was ejected...

PS the rule will need to be changed and it will change when a clean upstanding player like Gotsis gets "wronged" and the fan base tech, acc P5 pressures the system for a change

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Augustabuzz...sorry I m not following, but which play are you referring to? The Duke player was ejected...

PS the rule will need to be changed and it will change when a clean upstanding player like Gotsis gets "wronged" and the fan base tech, acc P5 pressures the system for a change
Tech went for it on 4th down and Skove was hit short of the line to make but leg drive allowed him to make the spot as a 2nd Tar Heel joined and together they stopped his forward momentum. A short time later a 3rd guy with momentum lowered his head making contact using the crown of his helmet into the front of Skove's helmet. IIRC it was late 3rd quarter.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Tech went for it on 4th down and Skove was hit short of the line to make but leg drive allowed him to make the spot as a 2nd Tar Heel joined and together they stopped his forward momentum. A short time later a 3rd guy with momentum lowered his head making contact using the crown of his helmet into the front of Skove's helmet. IIRC it was late 3rd quarter.
I'll go find it so people can see what your're talking about. What quarter did it occur?

Unk T

Georgia Tech Fan
If Searcy and Snoddy play we put up 35 in the first half and break their will. We can't keep momentum or get it started til it's too late this year. I love JT but if we had Byerly we win that game and probably Duke. He seems to be trying to make up for the lack of experience on offense and it's killing our momentum with 15yard sacks or fumbles. He needs to just relax and make his reads. If it isn't there tuck it and get what you can.

I'm not so sure... I may be the only one to think so, but Searcy seemed to be playing scared in the ND game.