UNC 2024 Post Game

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Well if there's one thing Geoff Collins knows how to do, it's beat UNC. And he did it in the most Geoff Collins way possible.

Probably shouldn't have been that close but King was clearly hurt and the timing on offense just wasn't quite there with Pyron to be as effective. Impressive to score all those points with King not even remotely able to throw well.

Techfiend

Georgia Tech Fan
Take the W and work on things for next week. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger. Glad the coaches will have examples to go to for improvement this week. Glad to smother cand cover GC's defense.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned today so far is that we actually caused some turnovers today, and had some vestiges of a pass rush at times.

ND gonna be tough, but they lost to Northern Illinois. Pyron played well for us in 2022 before King came onboard. No reason he can't do so again if needed.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Yep, I went there a few times years ago and was shocked by the shear scale of stupidity people exhibited when they were i handle a few comments from fans during games. What do you expect when guys are drinking and watching their team play? You should’ve seen my group chat with my Alabama fan friends while they played South Carolina today lol.

Great post! Some are never happy. We won people. We won.
Never understand this “you should be thrilled about everything because we won” notion. Same issue I have with guys getting upset about chat comments. We were up 10 with a chance to put the game away and we almost **** it away. Why do I need to be thrilled about that? I want our players to be put in better positions to win handily against a really bad UNC team. It’s not crazy to ask for the coaches to make some better decisions or to complain about some of what we saw today on special teams. You can be glad for the win and happy about the running game success AND be upset about other poor aspects of our team that keep popping up over and over.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Nah, it's there to capture all the emotional outbursts so they don't bleed into the forums.

Just acknowledge it for what it is.

I see the subtle part where you separated me from the drunks. Salud.
I agree it has a place. I just cant go there. I have been accused of being too logical and having a complete lack of emotional intelligence. The posts people make there are just bat S** Crazy to me

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I see the subtle part where you separated me from the drunks. Salud.

Right there with you bro. Good win. :buzz:

Argue Grumpy Old Men GIF by Laff

slugboy

Staff member
Don't understand why Pyron was not more prepared since it has been apparent that King has been hurt for a couple weeks
King’s shoulder got injured in the first quarter today

I think I peed in my pant on Jamal Haynes last run , or I could have spill my beer.
At my age I’m pretty sure it was pee.
Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

Also, I’ve heard the two compared a lot, but not like that

One has to think that the UNC fanbase is calling for mack to retire and Collins gone by now right ?
Yup

UNC just announced that Tylee Craft (#13 the kid with cancer) passed away this afternoon. RIP. Way too young.
That’s just incredibly sad to lose a child and teammate that young that way

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Never understand this “you should be thrilled about everything because we won” notion.
No one is saying this. Mistakes are mistakes and need to be corrected. That’s what coaches are for. But to just pi$$ and moan all about mistakes, when: 1) We won the game, 2) We fought to the end and found a way to win, and 3) We amassed over 500 yards offense is just acting like a bunch of spoiled little brats.

Acknowledge that we made multiple mistakes ghat darn near cost us the game. Call for their correction (they must be). Stop calling for coaches to be fired, tossing players under the bus, and denigrating a 5-2 team (for the first time since 2014) who is looking good for a top half ACC finish and bowl.

That is what is being suggested.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
No one is saying this. Mistakes are mistakes and need to be corrected. That’s what coaches are for. But to just pi$$ and moan all about mistakes, when: 1) We won the game, 2) We fought to the end and found a way to win, and 3) We amassed over 500 yards offense is just acting like a bunch of spoiled little brats.

Acknowledge that we made multiple mistakes ghat darn near cost us the game. Call for their correction (they must be). Stop calling for coaches to be fired, tossing players under the bus, and denigrating a 5-2 team (for the first time since 2014) who is looking good for a top half ACC finish and bowl.

That is what is being suggested.
With a hurt QB at that.