UNC 2024 Post Game

Dinner_Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Coaches did everything they could to lose this one. I swear the JH play to win the game was called to run the clock out and go to OT. JH slowed up at the line of scrimmage and thought the heck with OT….. ZOOM baby ZOOM!!!!!

Techfiend

Georgia Tech Fan
No one is saying this. Mistakes are mistakes and need to be corrected. That’s what coaches are for. But to just pi$$ and moan all about mistakes, when: 1) We won the game, 2) We fought to the end and found a way to win, and 3) We amassed over 500 yards offense is just acting like a bunch of spoiled little brats.

Acknowledge that we made multiple mistakes ghat darn near cost us the game. Call for their correction (they must be). Stop calling for coaches to be fired, tossing players under the bus, and denigrating a 5-2 team (for the first time since 2014) who is looking good for a top half ACC finish and bowl.

That is what is being suggested.
Fully agree here. I'm not thrilled with the overall performance, but we won a game with 500+ yards of offense and 370+ rushing, and with the exception of 2 big plays, the defense was pretty stout. We won. Was it as comfortable as I would have hoped when it was 34-24? Nope, sure wasn't. That said the team responded on both offense and defense. That last drive by UNC had several incrediblly close plays that the refs decided against us. When's the last time you saw us playing with that kind of fire on D? Certainly wasn't under the "Minister of Mayhem".

Now we can build on the game, and go into ND with a better mindset. Key went to Tech, he can learn from his mistakes. FFS, I'm not perfect in every decision I make, and I usually have much more time than he does in the moment. Experience is the best teacher right?

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Winning, however ugly

Happy Feeling Good GIF by Jarritos

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Very pleasant to be 5-2. NC State and VT are definitely winnable games. And we often win when we are 10+ point dogs like we will be in other 3.

Great day. I missed watching game since my cell phone in Canada didn't have enough bandwidth to watch CW (T-Mobile) but already saw highlights. Both teams wanted to win, **** happens guys. We won.

End 6-6 or 7-5 and we get a good bowl given our SoS. But just beat ND and get the guessing over with.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I’m sorry to say this, but getting in a toilet bowl is no big feather these days.
Bowling this year is certainly a feather in our cap in today's world of parity in college schedule, the tough schedule we have this year, and the obvious fact that our QB has been playing hurt most of the season and severely limiting our offensive play calling. Kudos to our staff and our players having us at 5-2 with a damn good chance being bowl eligible at this point in our season.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Bowling this year is certainly a feather in our cap in today's world of parity in college schedule, the tough schedule we have this year, and the obvious fact that our QB has been playing hurt most of the season and severely limiting our offensive play calling. Kudos to our staff and our players having us at 5-2 with a damn good chance being bowl eligible at this point in our season.
We’re not bowl eligible yet. I think we’ll get there. If our coaches can let our players play.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Wasn’t King banged up before the game? Guy is a fighter so it concerns me he was out with the game on the line as that isn’t like him at all..

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Despite leading the entire game, we did not deserve to win. So sloppy. So many chances to put that game away early
I’ll agree 100% on the sloppiness and chances to put the game away that we didn’t take advantage of. But how on Earth can one conclude we didn’t deserve to win the game? We out gained them. We held the ball longer. We had more first downs, we had zero turnovers to their 2. We did have more penalties and our special teams did not have a good game. But I don’t see how we didn’t deserve to win.