UNC 2024 Post Game

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Fully agree here. I'm not thrilled with the overall performance, but we won a game with 500+ yards of offense and 370+ rushing, and with the exception of 2 big plays, the defense was pretty stout. We won. Was it as comfortable as I would have hoped when it was 34-24? Nope, sure wasn't. That said the team responded on both offense and defense. That last drive by UNC had several incrediblly close plays that the refs decided against us. When's the last time you saw us playing with that kind of fire on D? Certainly wasn't under the "Minister of Mayhem".

Now we can build on the game, and go into ND with a better mindset. Key went to Tech, he can learn from his mistakes. FFS, I'm not perfect in every decision I make, and I usually have much more time than he does in the moment. Experience is the best teacher right?
Key also beat ND in the 1998 Gator Bowl.

Last edited:

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I’m glad we won, but it’s very tough to look at that game and not be frustrated with the staff for their management of the game. We should have beat that team by three scores. It felt like we manufactured a reason to pull King for an injury that he had going into the game once it was as late and we had the lead. And the way we backed off on defense after a first quarter where we were all over there asses is just puzzling. Well - we beat them…AGAIN, whatever. Let’s beat ND

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Somebody forgot to tell our OL that because they blew a 5-yard wide hole in their DL.
Someone correct me if I am wrong but on the tube it looked as though UNC in typical Collins undisciplined fashion overran the play and when Jamal cut back there was nothing there. One thing you can say about this team is the speed at the skill positions is truly "elite". Well, not that kind of elite but you know what I mean.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
IMG_7864.jpeg

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m glad we won, but it’s very tough to look at that game and not be frustrated with the staff for their management of the game. We should have beat that team by three scores. It felt like we manufactured a reason to pull King for an injury that he had going into the game once it was as late and we had the lead. And the way we backed off on defense after a first quarter where we were all over there asses is just puzzling. Well - we beat them…AGAIN, whatever. Let’s beat ND
we are sounding more and more like UGA fans with a less talented team. I know we made mistakes. But the D held them to a FG on their last full drive and the offense won the game. After our previous head coaches performance do you think we have made no progress?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
we are sounding more and more like UGA fans with a less talented team. I know we made mistakes. But the D held them to a FG on their last full drive and the offense won the game. After our previous head coaches performance do you think we have made no progress?
"Made progress"? Sure, we show a lot more grit and determination now than we did just a few years ago. Tech is back to being what it was in the past. The kind of team that lacks great talent and depth at some spots but just dangerous enough to absolutely ruin a powerhouse football factory's dream season. IIWII

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Awesome win on the road against a talented, albeit under-coached team. Very happy with this, we had trouble putting it away, something to work on.
Trying to not rejoice too much about sticking it to TFG, but this is it, burying the hatchet. About us doing well, vs wishing anything else bad for TFG. I would guess the whole unc staff will be canned shortly, but that’s their problem.
We are 5-2, more good things to come.

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Our mistakes have to be corrected. The coaches will do that. We are 5-2 now, with 2-3 very winnable games ahead.

Have you never had a bad day at the office? I have. To have a bad day and still close the big sale is a good thing.

Bad clock/game/personnel management is happening every day at the office though. I like Key and what he has done but that stuff HAS to get cleaned up. It’s low hanging fruit that is not talent or opponent dependent. We need to be flawless there.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
"Made progress"? Sure, we show a lot more grit and determination now than we did just a few years ago. Tech is back to being what it was in the past. The kind of team that lacks great talent and depth at some spots but just dangerous enough to absolutely ruin a powerhouse football factory's dream season. IIWII
Honestly I think that is what we have hoped for and settled for in the past. I think our new president, AD and Coach dream bigger than we do. Current recruiting is a positive leading indicator of this. This was a game that other editions of GT teams would have found a way to lose.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
That’s just something people say to feel good when you play like crap and luck into a win. We did not find a way to win. Let me say that again. We did not find a way to win. UNC found a way to lose.
I disagree here like I did on the chat. We won because we made more positive plays. Some of what we did didn't look good, but in the end, we won, and that is ultimately what is important. We need to work to not make these types of self-inflicted gaffs, but that's for tomorrow. Today is about celebrating being 5-2, winning on the road against a team that had a lot of reasons to give us their best shot, and being 5-2.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
chat is toxic. it should be shut down.
I would never want a new fan or potential new fan to observe the chat. It is the most negative experience I've ever had as a Tech fan. I have to minimize it and ignore most of the content. I usually post blindly, not reading the chatter from others (most times).

gtee91

Jolly Good Fellow
I disagree here like I did on the chat. We won because we made more positive plays. Some of what we did didn't look good, but in the end, we won, and that is ultimately what is important. We need to work to not make these types of self-inflicted gaffs, but that's for tomorrow. Today is about celebrating being 5-2, winning on the road against a team that had a lot of reasons to give us their best shot, and being 5-2.
I just do not know why our special teams is suddenly a dumpster fire...we gave away a lot of points