UNC 2024 Post Game

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
He really did lower our expectations, didn’t he? I dislike him beyond what I’m allowed to communicate. 😂😂😂
I thought the TFG hire was desperate and should be blamed on TStan. When I realized how truly inept he was, losing to NIU to start the season, I actually began to feel sorry for GC. He is and was NOT HC material and was in way over his head. It remains to be seen if his level of competence is even lower. But at this point, it ain’t looking good for him at DC.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
That’s just something people say to feel good when you play like crap and luck into a win. We did not find a way to win. Let me say that again. We did not find a way to win. UNC found a way to lose.
Totally disagree. You and I watched a different ending.

WE busted a run in their D and OUR RB hauled it to the EZ. WE won that game.

You can pi$$ and moan all you want, but our team played to the last snap and made it happen.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Totally disagree. You and I watched a different ending.

WE busted a run in their D and OUR RB hauled it to the EZ. WE won that game.

You can pi$$ and moan all you want, but our team played to the last snap and made it happen.
Both teams tried their best to lose this game. UNC was better at it that’s the only Takeaway. that doesn’t mean all our games are going to go like this. But this one was a real stinker. If we play and Coach like this going forward, we will not win another game.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
for me it's because in 1990 I had to fight my way back to my car after we tied them. well, and they're cheating crooks.
Me too. The Clay fumbled punt inside the 10 set them up for an easy touchdown. We moved the ball up and down the field all day but couldn't get touchdowns. Actually pretty lucky we tied. I think.they went 1-9-1 that year.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
chat is toxic. it should be shut down.
If it weren't for chat, where else could I hang out with my drunk friends and kg if I can't be at the game....
drunk panda GIF

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Only on page one...
Have not seen CBK post game, but I am sure that come Monday there will be PLENTY of things to work on being fixed. Kick coverage and the numbers of players allowed in in the offensive huddle (especially after a time out) will be some of what is covered.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I’m sorry to say this, but getting in a toilet bowl is no big feather these days.
Agreed, but when you’ve been IN the toilet bowl for 4 years, I’m happy to play in December while we figure out how to win consistently (we’re doing that).

I’m happy to win today. As bad as I think Carolina is, we were still on the road, in an empty, sleepy, noon stadium with a handicapped Haynes King, emotional day for their program, TFG’s Super Bowl, aided by Carolina mob zebras. They may have an edge on talent too.

Having said that, the 4th quarter collapse was brutal, and Birr has to get it figured out between the ears.

Conference win, 5-2 for the first time since 2014? I’ll take it.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Both teams tried their best to lose this game. UNC was better at it that’s the only Takeaway. that doesn’t mean all our games are going to go like this. But this one was a real stinker. If we play and Coach like this going forward, we will not win another game.
Our mistakes have to be corrected. The coaches will do that. We are 5-2 now, with 2-3 very winnable games ahead.

Have you never had a bad day at the office? I have. To have a bad day and still close the big sale is a good thing.

yellajacket20

Jolly Good Fellow
I had to watch in spurts. After the Ravens won that crazy game against the Bengals on Sunday, I refrained from thinking that a loss was a fore gone conclusion after we didn't pick up the first on 3rd and 6 and UNC was driving. A whole lot to clean up, but we kept fighting and busted a long TD to come out on top.

Going forward, I think we will throw the ball downfield. Early on we had some nice routes that were the 10+ yard passes we've been asking for. But with the way UNC's defense looked, we could continue to run.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately our season does not get easier. Hope HK is not badly injured but at some point backups have to play.UNC starting qb was injured first game with broken leg. This was their 3rd string qb at start of season.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I like Mack Brown but his second stint at UNC was always a head scratcher... it's like when Miami hired Richt. Well, if Mack retires, wish him all the best.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Me too. The Clay fumbled punt inside the 10 set them up for an easy touchdown. We moved the ball up and down the field all day but couldn't get touchdowns. Actually pretty lucky we tied. I think.they went 1-9-1 that year.
yeah, seems like we kicked a late FG to tie it, but I can't remember it all 100 years later. I do remember the long walk back to the car, and the numerous confrontations.