UNC 2024 Post Game

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I would hope he is practicing from the right hash at multiple distances. He just needs to get his confidence back and it needs to feel automatic. May need a kicking guru to look at his technique.
I watched him pregame Duke. He took a kick from the left hash, center, and then right hash before leaving the field. He only missed from the right hash, made it on his second try. :)

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
I watched him pregame Duke. He took a kick from the left hash, center, and then right hash before leaving the field. He only missed from the right hash, made it on his second try. :)
I’ve watched him doing practice kicks towards the end of halftime at several games. He can kick 55-60 yard FGs with room to spare. During the spring game when he kicked the 60+ yarder was he in the center of field or at one of the hashmarks (trying to recall)?

The mental state of any athlete/performer during practice vs game on the line can be different. There’s a lot of moving parts that have to sync up just right to be successful - the snapper, holder, blockers, etc. Anything out of sync and it doesn’t matter what side they’re kicking from.

Blue&Gold1034

Jolly Good Fellow
We have scored on over 95% of our red zone possessions. 3 of those have been FG. The rest have been TDs. Who cares about passing the ball in the red zone. We’re amongst the best in the nation.
That post was in regard to someone asking why Tech didn't take a shot to the end zone before the half instead of settling for a field goal. There wasn't enough time on the clock to run the ball.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
That post was in regard to someone asking why Tech didn't take a shot to the end zone before the half instead of settling for a field goal. There wasn't enough time on the clock to run the ball.

There also wasn't really enough time to throw it. 6 seconds with one sack or one blown assignment and you are out of time. It would have to be a 2 step drop and immediate fire and it has to be in the endzone. When you are on the 12 that takes at least 4 seconds for your receivers to be there as you don't want to risk them being tackled in bounds. The right call is to take the field goal.