UNC 2024 Post Game

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Glad to win it. Glad to rip out their hearts.

Not glad about the penalty on 3rd and one to ice the game.

Not glad about not trying to go for the throat when we got the fumble.

Not glad we got conservative when we needed to pull away.

Interesting that we didn’t get a fumble because they said forward progress was stopped, then awarded a TD on a sneak that took 3 days.

Clean it up. We play like this against the Domers and the Benz will be empty at halftime.

JoJaTeck

Georgia Tech Fan
By now, if the coaches thought Pyron could throw the ball, we would be seeing it.

I’m concerned we don’t have another QB on the roster who can do the entire playbook. Hope I am wrong.

Glad to win today. It took a “special” UNC coach to make it happen.

Go Jackets!
I thought it was neck and neck between King and Pyron going into last year? Did Pyron forget how to play QB?

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I’m sorry to say this, but getting in a toilet bowl is no big feather these days.
Mayo Bowl?

Ew No GIF by Bounce

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m glad we won, but the 4th Quarter metldown still happened and can’t be swept under the rug. The continued questionable(politely saying it) game management is only mounting in concernment and the offense continues to look stale and predictable.

Our defense is not awful. The offense and special teams put them in some bad positions. The run defense is quite good, while the pass defense is still probably below average. They got lucky on some drops, but the defense also forced turnovers and made (mostly) timely stops. They even managed to hold it together to force a FG at the end.

Birr is simply not reliable. Our Special Teams unit has not been boring this year. We’ve gotten blocks and onside kicks, but also given up touchdowns and missed a lot of kicks. They are a roller coaster ride. I’d rather just have a boring special teams that’s consistently OK than whatever this is.

That brings me to my ultimate point. This team is so inconsistent. It feels like it takes a quarter for the offense to wake up every week. The only thing consistent about this team is its inconsistency. That’s worrisome. We are 5-2. That’s our best start this late into the season since 2014. It’s very possible the inconsistencies are growing pains, but there have been enough head scratches this year, that I can not say I have full confidence in what we are doing.

Lastly, we need King healthy, but if he’s not, we need Key and Buster to trust Pyron. We have put ourselves in position to have a pretty nice season, but our margin of error is razor thin, especially against 3 of our final 5 opponents.
If Pyron can’t throw it well enough to be trusted I say go with Phillio. Hasn’t taken a snap this year so he won’t burn his redshirt. Unless he got some garbage time vs vmi

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone else find it odd that

Plenty of people do the muddle huddle...refs choose when to call it...like late hits...cheap shot on Pyron OK...flow of play tangles on sideline...flag
Yeah they didn’t call any of that stuff on ours. Fair, no reason to tilt the outcome unless it’s egregious, then they call the sling OOB and I throw things

Hjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
By now, if the coaches thought Pyron could throw the ball, we would be seeing it.

I’m concerned we don’t have another QB on the roster who can do the entire playbook. Hope I am wrong.

Glad to win today. It took a “special” UNC coach to make it happen.

Go Jackets!
I saw him throw the ball when he was a freshman backup who had to start. He did a great job. He can throw and should have been allowed to in this game. From AI: 2022 (True Freshman): Made a huge splash as a true freshman, despite appearing in just three games and making two starts … Amassed 692 yards of total offense (565 passing, 127 rushing) and five touchdowns (three passing, two rushing) in just three games … Completed 49-of-82 passes, good for a team-best. Did he forget how to throw?

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
We won. Quit yer b*******. Good teams find ways to win games like that. We did, they didn’t.

Yes, we made a bunch of mistakes. We’ll clean those up this week. I’m more concerned about King.

We’re 5-2 heading into MBS to face ND is a very high profile game. We’re one W away from a bowl. That’s all good. Focus on the good, not the bad.