UNC 2024 Post Game

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Good morning!

The Jackets won yesterday :)

The point returned for a TD was almost blocked, and it was short, leading to the TD. He bobbled the snap.
Forgot about that one. But other than that, he's had a good year. At least he recovered, and got the punt off.

You know how, as time goes on, you forget the bad and only remember the good? That time used to be decades, but is now down to hours with me.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
The point returned for a TD was almost blocked, and it was short, leading to the TD. He bobbled the snap.
I didn't notice that, but I watched him drop a snap that hit him in the hands and barely get the kick off. He was lucky that it took a GT bounce. Perhaps he should start wearing receiver gloves.

Our special teams had a bad day overall. Punt and kick coverage needs work. Key mentioned this in his presser.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
IMG_4302.jpeg

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Perhaps the most disrespectful Haynes TD move probably wasn't fully caught on video.

When he scored to put us up 34-24, after he carried the 300lb DL into the endzone, Haynes did the ol' "he's too small" move.

Cant Guard Me Nba Playoffs GIF

Camera cut away too fast to catch it all but the snark-masters like myself peeped game.

Haynes should've Hulked up on the big boy. Cameras would've stayed with that one.....

hulk smash GIF

slugboy

Staff member
I didn't notice that, but I watched him drop a snap that hit him in the hands and barely get the kick off. He was lucky that it took a GT bounce. Perhaps he should start wearing receiver gloves.

Our special teams had a bad day overall. Punt and kick coverage needs work. Key mentioned this in his presser.
Maybe I blended two punts, but he barely got off the punt that was returned for a TD, and it was really short.

slugboy

Staff member
Some of the big plays in the game
TimeOffensePlay DescriptionEPAWP%WPA
Q3 1:10gt(4th & 5 at GT 30) David Shanahan punt for 39 yds , Alijah Huzzie returns for 69 yds for a TD (Noah Burnette KICK) - GT 27, UNC 24-6.5190.4%-19.4%
Q4 0:16gt(2nd & 3 at GT 32) Jamal Haynes run for 68 yds for a TD (Aidan Birr KICK) - GT 41, UNC 346.4334.8%57.7%
Q4 11:08unc(1st & 10 at UNC 25) Jacolby Criswell pass complete to Nate McCollum for 13 yds Nate McCollum fumbled, recovered by GT Ahmari Harvey - GT 34, UNC 24-4.6631.1%-26.2%
Q2 1:54Unc(1st & 10 at UNC 25) Omarion Hampton run for 71 yds to the GT 4 for a 1ST down - GT 17, UNC 74.6018.3%11.2%
Q1 9:02unc(3rd & 10 at UNC 43) Jacolby Criswell sacked by Syeed Gibbs for a loss of 5 yards to the UNC 38 Jacolby Criswell fumbled, recovered by GT Jordan van den Berg , return for 0 yards - GT 0, UNC 0-4.4037.6%-7.1%
Q3 15:00unc(4th & 4 at UNC 31) PENALTY GAT Personal Foul (Efford,Kyle) 15 yards from UNC31 to UNC46, 1ST DOWN. NO PLAY. - GT 20, UNC 144.2019.0%7.5%
Q1 3:36Unc(1st & 10 at UNC 22) Jacolby Criswell pass complete to J.J. Jones for 53 yds to the GT 25 for a 1ST down - GT 7, UNC 04.0023.5%7.4%
Q2 1:54Gt(1st & 10 at UNC 20) Haynes King run for 20 yds for a TD (Aidan Birr KICK) - GT 17, UNC 73.3462.4%11.1%
Q3 11:05unc(4th & 5 at GT 32) Jacolby Criswell pass incomplete - GT 20, UNC 14-3.1025.4%-8.5%
Q4 7:45Unc(4th & 6 at UNC 36) Jacolby Criswell run for 9 yds to the UNC 45 for a 1ST down - GT 34, UNC 243.076.9%5.3%

Dinner_Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
thats not what the coach said in the post interview. He said he had 2 timeouts left and had the option to run the ball for a first down (Stop the clock) and run again or use one timeout. Then throw a higher probability pass to get into FG range for the win. aka the runs were important to get a little further downfield so we could throw a higher probability pass to get into FG range and then use the last timeout.

So if you just throw the ball there like you suggested then that would be bad coaching. Glad you are not the coach.
You and I both are glad I’m not the coach!
If I had been, we would have missed Haynes turning on the jets and breaking UNC’s hearts.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
His secret walkie talkie could not save him
He has to have direct contact with his public relations team at all time.

That's the only way he could have had so much air time. The broadcast team actually resurrected the "historic transition" from the option theme.

Is there a coach less worthy of love from apologists?

Dinner_Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I was an every-other-week golfer until my green fees became baby wipes and diapers. Never have gotten back into it. However, on the contrary, I do recall that I would remember that great shot on #18 that proved to me that I could play that game. That is what brought me back week after week, not the missed putt or chili-dipped chip shot. Maybe it's just me.
Baby wipes and diapers are for sure hobby changers.
I’m here to apologize for any and everything I said yesterday. Pretty sure I was arguing just to be arguing which made zero sense.
Yes sir, the O-Line blocked a path that a semi could have driven through!
Enjoy the baby wipe and diaper stage of your children’s lives. Honestly, 15-16 years from now you’ll feel like you blinked & replaced the diaper money with Dad….I really want to live off campus in an apartment with my friends. Can you please help with some $$?