UNC 2024 Post Game

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not going to pretend like we played a clean game and shouldn't have been up multiple scores at the end, but this is what we see from the big time schools all the time. They play poorly, they look like they are going to go down and then out of nowhere, they finally make a play to pull it out at the very end. It's exciting to be on the winning side of that.
When you don’t have your best game and still win, it’s a good day especially playing on the road. Just win and get better because all these games are getting harder to win.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
When you don’t have your best game and still win, it’s a good day especially playing on the road. Just win and get better because all these games are getting harder to win.
USC(E) 25 - UA 27, I'm sure they're going crazy in the state of Alabama too and that bama didn't play their best game, but are beyond happy that they won. Bottom line is at the end of the season is a mark and the W column.

Dinner_Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Hang in there @CHE90
There are more on here that are not always toxic than that are.

Watch it again. We throw the ball and then half assed our way to the LOS before running a play. We were deep in our own territory running the ball on 2nd and 3 with 16 seconds left in the game. That’s playing for OT dude. The entire plan was to see if Haynes could just bust a run. If not we try to win in OT.
100% playing for OT.
You throw the ball there hoping to get into Birr’s field goal range.
Majority here “won’t or can’t“ see that or get that though.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
He whiffed on the 3rd block?

There were a few bitching suggesting nobody should complain about anything because we won. All I'm saying is we should look at every performance with a critical eye, that's what high performing teams do. There's a reason Satan won a lot of games besides money and his players being able to use crayons, he didn't let the small **** slide.
You always have to evaluate performance: coaches and players. There were a lot of mistakes today and a lot to clean up. This was CBK’s first, well, second statement. But the team gutted it out and blew up the big play in the last minute to win. Why focus on the obvious bad stuff when you can focus on the obvious good stuff and the W? I don’t get that. Yes, those mistakes are irritating, but we did a lot good, too. We had 25 1st downs, 505 total yards, and 371 rushing yards. That’s strong.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
100% playing for OT.
thats not what the coach said in the post interview. He said he had 2 timeouts left and had the option to run the ball for a first down (Stop the clock) and run again or use one timeout. Then throw a higher probability pass to get into FG range for the win. aka the runs were important to get a little further downfield so we could throw a higher probability pass to get into FG range and then use the last timeout.

So if you just throw the ball there like you suggested then that would be bad coaching. Glad you are not the coach.

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
Yeah when you have timeouts in hand resetting the downs with a short run to pick up first is pretty helpful if you want to take a few downfield shots next. 26 seconds at the start of second down, you don't want to end up with using 8 seconds per incompletion on two failed pass plays and having 4th down with 10 seconds left vs getting the first and then being able to take your shots.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
100% playing for OT.
Speaking of Birr, he is the second kicker in recent memory who has gone from absolute money one year to something much less than that the following. After hitting the game winner against FSU I thought we would be solid again this season in terms of field goals.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
You always have to evaluate performance: coaches and players. There were a lot of mistakes today and a lot to clean up. This was CBK’s first, well, second statement. But the team gutted it out and blew up the big play in the last minute to win. Why focus on the obvious bad stuff when you can focus on the obvious good stuff and the W? I don’t get that. Yes, those mistakes are irritating, but we did a lot good, too. We had 25 1st downs, 505 total yards, and 371 rushing yards. That’s strong.
Do you play golf? We tend to remember the putts we miss and not the ones we make. We focus on the mistakes. There were a lot of good plays today but some of the mistakes are magnified in tight games. Its human nature.
That TD run by JH was unexpected at a huge moment. I felt we were not going to throw it with King out and not chance an INT. I think if we go to OT we were at a big disadvantage. What a way to win a game.

BuzzBy

Georgia Tech Fan
I disagree here like I did on the chat. We won because we made more positive plays. Some of what we did didn't look good, but in the end, we won, and that is ultimately what is important. We need to work to not make these types of self-inflicted gaffs, but that's for tomorrow. Today is about celebrating being 5-2, winning on the road against a team that had a lot of reasons to give us their best shot, and being 5-2.

Yes, can we just enjoy a win!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of Birr, he is the second kicker in recent memory who has gone from absolute money one year to something much less than that the following. After hitting the game winner against FSU I thought we would be solid again this season in
It's become mental. Needs to get hypnotized.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Y’all remember when we couldn’t win more than 3 games a year?

Don’t get me wrong. There are a lot of bowls so qualifying for one isn’t as hard as it once was. I agree about that. But considering lots of people felt we could be a better team with a worse record than last year
Sorry folks on a plane and the internet went on and off and I couldn’t get back to editing. Here’s what I meant to say…

Considering lots of people felt we could be a better team with a worse record than last year, if we can get 2 more wins and go to a minor bowl I’ll still appreciate it as a sign of improvement.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Speaking of Birr, he is the second kicker in recent memory who has gone from absolute money one year to something much less than that the following. After hitting the game winner against FSU I thought we would be solid again this season in terms of field goals.
When Stewart started kicking off, his FG % went down. Same thing is happening this year to Birr. This should not happen. The technique is different, but a kicker should be able to adjust.

BuzzBy

Georgia Tech Fan
Lol. Y’all are crazy. Won a road game against a very emotional conference opponent who’s been backed into a corner the last few weeks. See Alabama @ Vandy for an example of winning conference road games behind tough to do (remember the same Vandy team that lost to Georgia State?). Was it perfect? No. But we put up 40 points and 500 yards, the starting QB was hurt and the backup was playing in the 4th quarter with the game on the line.

We’re still not that far removed from being one of the worst teams in all of college football. We missed a bowl game 4 out of 5 seasons between 2017-2022 going 26-44 in that span, and 5 out of 7 from 2015-22. Haven’t played in a bowl in consecutive years for a full decade. Lost to USF, The Citadel, Temple, Northern Illinois, and Bowling Green. There are plenty of things to get better at, but damn. Just appreciate the fact we’ve got a winning record for a little bit. It’s still a program that has to learn how to win again. 5-2 is a good start, something Tech hasn’t seen since our best season in recent memory. Theres a lot of unwarranted pessimism here I

Can we just Enjoy the win at least for the day? Can go back to wringing thy hands tomorrow.

Last edited: