UGA Postgame Discussion

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
This game was not about our offense. It was about our defense which got run through, around and over. We have got to get some bigger guys on the D-line.....but that has always been the issue with us. And yes, we need a QB who can throw a little better, and or at least look for the open receiver. I will say this though, still proud of the guys that we did not quit.

Even if the O would have scored on half of our possessions, we still loose handily.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
So, the announcers kept indicating CPJ was about to retire. Were they just trolling or is that a likelihood?

Worst LB and DB play of the year.

The announcers were so annoying with that. I was fortunate enough to be at the last 2 played in Athens and did not have to listen to the SEC Channel idiots. So tired of hearing things like "when they had Calvin Johnson and Demarious Thomas as threats" .

This one game would not make CPJ want to retire. They have one 6 out of 7 and are going to a bowl. CPJ is not quite retirement age. Don't understand why the announcers would speculate that crap.

LB and DB play was consistent with the play all year and the entire CPJ coaching era so no surprise to me.

Scheme or not our decline is evident.

Need coaches that can attract better talent.

Blown out with a few gift td at garbage time was embarrassing

Yea, Like Bill Lewis was supposed to, oh that didn't work out so well. I think it needs to be said over and over again....95% of the Georgia squad could not even get into Tech let alone make it through their sophomore year. You all continue to deny this but O'Leary would not survive at Tech today. He only graduated 40% of his players. that is scholarship loss.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
It's funny how we as fans throw around all kinds of strategems (throw the slant! Run the sweep! Blitz more!) when football ultimately boils down to just blocking and tackling.

We looked horrendous on both sides. I think it was Fromm's first pass of the game - short hitch and we missed a tackle that turned into a big gain - I facepalmed and hoped it would end there.

Yeah, and the slant we actually passed had the ball knocked out of Camp's hands. :(

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Yea, Like Bill Lewis was supposed to, oh that didn't work out so well. I think it needs to be said over and over again....95% of the Georgia squad could not even get into Tech let alone make it through their sophomore year. You all continue to deny this but O'Leary would not survive at Tech today. He only graduated 40% of his players. that is scholarship loss.

Lewis actually recruited pretty well.

James Graham.

and please put in a package that he can play from. Please don't stick the kid under center and waste his talent. He did all his damage from the shotgun in HS. Sticking him under center will neuter his effectiveness, skillset, and talent as will having him run a bunch of QB Keepers.