UGA Postgame Discussion

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Look we looked horrible and soft today. However, we are better as y’all may know, we are better with a pass threat. They sold out all day on the run. We need a passer.

I really believe that the vast majority of teams can "go to the well" once maybe twice but asking them for the emotional high to do it three times is a "bridge too far". We left it on the field against Miami and Virginia. One more time was asking too much. IMHO

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Tough game. Probably the 2nd most talented team we've played this year, so the already-thin margins were micro-razor thin today.

I thought we'd play better on defense; that was some serious Big-12 quality level stuff we had out there ... but better talent will make it look that way.

Thanks, seniors ... tough way to go out ... but thank you for not quitting, playing hard, and being good reps of the I.

UGA is the most talented team we play at some positions but not so at others. A game between them and Clemson would be very interesting. On the other hand, after watching Alabama play Auburn. Well, it does not look too promising for the dwags I thought that last years Tide was really a great team and there would be a fall off with the quarterback controversy, a couple of their better offensive linemen leaving, no Ridley etc. Let me tell you, this year's edition of the Tide is head and shoulders better than last years. Much more explosive with four receivers who can just flat out get the ball and a far better quarterback. The rich do indeed get richer.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Not much to say but we do need a better OL, and not to excited about the play of our defense, I know some have said it's getting better I guess I'm watching a different defense than Y'all. Lots of work to do before next year.
We must do a better job of finding linemen on both sides of the ball. Cheat, pay em, kidnap em, I don't care but getting more and better linemen will fix a whole lot of problems.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
#2 on UGA held up a sign to the crowd that read “This is not a rivalry.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was back in the day but now not so much. I have to hand it to Coach Smart he and his staff have left us in the dust. We cannot compete with them and will not for quite a while until recruiting improves markedly across the board.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I hate to disagree, but they need to win a football game. I mean, let's face it; a lot of these people go home to places where their world is run by people like Tech grads. A lot of them go home to places where people like Tech grads have moved the jobs somewhere else. A lot of them go home to places where a viable higher education is way the exception rather then the rule.

Winning football games gives them something they can feel superior about. That's why they're willing to go all out, after running a fairly clean program under Richt. And it is why, sooner or later, they will find the NCAA on their case.

The NCAA? The same organization that looked the other way on the UNC academic scandal? The same bunch of corrupt, lazy, inept Inspector Clouseau wannabes that managed to let Miami's infamous "Hos and Boats" scandal slip though their fingers? You really believe they will do anything to impede the upward trajectory of a cash cow SEC "school" like UGA or God forbid Alabama? Never happen.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
What’s better for this offense, a QB who is an average runner and average passer or a QB who is an above average runner and below average passer?
Either one of them with an offensive line that is bigger, stronger, faster, than what we have. The problem is not the quarterback or the A backs or the B backs it is linemen we are lacking.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure about this “clean program under Richt” that you’re talking about. When have they recruited much different than Auburn or Alabama?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They haven't. It is just that Smart has taken what Ritch began to a whole new level very similar to what Dabo did with Clemson. The very essence of a "football factory". A university that is consumed with football and will literally sell its soul to the Devil to achieve parity with Alabama. The question is will we have to wait nearly a century like Vanderbilt did (Vandy just won three in a row against Tennessee for the first time since the 1920s) to win three in a row again? Should we consider dropping the series? Tulane did exactly that when they qui t playing LSU. It may come to that.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
There are two classes of college football, and like it or not , the DWAGS have moved into the upper class - with Clemson, Bama , Ohio State and a few others. With the hiring of Smart and tremendous upgrade in recruiting they are poised to be dominant over us for YEARS , if not DECADES. We keep beating ourselves up over losing to the DWAGs as if that is our measuring stick. We are not even in the same universe as them anymore, IMO. Do I like it that way ? No , I hate it like H__L ! But that is college football today.
It is ALL BUSINESS, TV Exposure , uniform contracts , academic waivers , fundraising , full stadiums and PROFITABILITY. Academics have become diluted in the name of furthering the school brand. We , like some others , are trying to compete , with one hand tied behind our back. We want to be highly competitive with the Dwags AND maintain our high academic standards at the same time. That will NEVER happen in today's college game, IMO.
But , we should be MORE consistently successful in the ACC than we currently are. Our goal should be to go to the ACCCG EVERY year, and even beat Clemson once in a while. 9 wins a year at a minimum , bowl game very year , better bowl games every other year.

A lot of people will condemn and ridicule this as I would myself but it is time to consider discontinuing this series. It does no good for Georgia Tech to attempt to compete with professionals and that is what UGA has become. A professional finishing school for football players. Fire Away.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
They haven't. It is just that Smart has taken what Ritch began to a whole new level very similar to what Dabo did with Clemson. The very essence of a "football factory". A university that is consumed with football and will literally sell its soul to the Devil to achieve parity with Alabama. The question is will we have to wait nearly a century like Vanderbilt did (Vandy just won three in a row against Tennessee for the first time since the 1920s) to win three in a row again? Should we consider dropping the series? Tulane did exactly that when they qui t playing LSU. It may come to that.

Jesus Christ what a bad post with zero logic used. Why do people throw out moving down a conference? Lets just look at how stupid this would be:
1. We receive what $30M per year from being in the ACC. Tulane gets about $4M per year.
2. We are about to start getting ACC TV Channel money that should add $10M to $15M per year. Tulane may grow to $6M
3. We are actually having a bit of success vs the DWAGs. Will it continue is the question. (Things are never as good or as bad as they appear)
4. You think attendance is bad now, image what it would look like playing AAC teams
5. We are actual fairly successful in the ACC, which is still one of the better conferences. Tied for 3rd this year in the whole thing.

As frustrated as everyone is, We are still better than the majority of P5 teams. So yeah, lets just move down a conference.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
We're #2!!! We're #2!!! We're #2!!! We're #2!!!

Wait, I think that might have a double meaning....

Being #2 in the Atlantic or the SEC West might mean something. Being 2nd in the Coastal or SEC East is like a participation trophy. It makes you feel better about beating UNC, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Miami but that is about it.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Being #2 in the Atlantic or the SEC West might mean something. Being 2nd in the Coastal or SEC East is like a participation trophy. It makes you feel better about beating UNC, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Miami but that is about it.
What are we supposed to do? It's the division we are in. That is never going to change. We can finish anywhere between 1st and 7th. Second may not be first, but it sure as hell beats 3rd through 7th.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Jesus Christ what a bad post with zero logic used. Why do people throw out moving down a conference? Lets just look at how stupid this post is:
1. We receive what $30M per year from being in the ACC. Tulane gets about $4M per year.
2. We are about to start getting ACC TV Channel money that should add $10M to $15M per year. Tulane may grow to $6M
3. We are actually having a bit of success vs the DWAGs. Will it continue is the question. (Things are never as good or as bad as they appear)
4. You think attendance is bad now, image what it would look like playing AAC teams
5. We are actual fairly successful in the ACC, which is still one of the better conferences. Tied for 3rd this year in the whole thing.

As frustrated as everyone is, We are still better than the majority of P5 teams. So yeah, lets just move down a conference. (Stupid!)

I do not appreciate being called "stupid". We do get $30 million from the ACC but the fact of the matter is that we are on the cusp of becoming like Tulane, Vanderbilt and many others who are being punching bags for the elite teams of college football. Do you ever wonder why college football attendance is declining across the board except at elite schools? The attendance issues at Tech are only the tip of the iceberg. You call the performance Saturday against UGA a "bit of success". It is a precursor of what we will see for the future unless drastic changes are made. The gulf between the programs is about to get wider not closer. We are successful in the ACC only because of the ineptitude of Virginia Tech and Miami. Being the tallest midget in the room is not a barometer for success.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
What are we supposed to do? It's the division we are in. That is never going to change. We can finish anywhere between 1st and 7th. Second may not be first, but it sure as hell beats 3rd through 7th.

True but it bugs me to no end that we played so poorly in that Pitt game. Win that one and we would have had an outstanding year regardless of what we did with Clemson and UGA. The first half of that game was about as bad as it gets considering who we were playing.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I do not appreciate being called "stupid". We do get $30 million from the ACC but the fact of the matter is that we are on the cusp of becoming like Tulane, Vanderbilt and many others who are being punching bags for the elite teams of college football. Do you ever wonder why college football attendance is declining across the board except at elite schools? The attendance issues at Tech are only the tip of the iceberg. You call the performance Saturday against UGA a "bit of success". It is a precursor of what we will see for the future unless drastic changes are made. The gulf between the programs is about to get wider not closer. We are successful in the ACC only because of the ineptitude of Virginia Tech and Miami. Being the tallest midget in the room is not a barometer for success.

I did not call you stupid, for all I know you are a very intelligent person. I said you post was stupid, there is a big difference. Any suggestion to move down a conference is ill thought through and stupid.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
A lot of people will condemn and ridicule this as I would myself but it is time to consider discontinuing this series. It does no good for Georgia Tech to attempt to compete with professionals and that is what UGA has become. A professional finishing school for football players. Fire Away.

Pew pew pew....

Uga is on a high. It’s not their first. They have never sustained it the way Bama has multiple times. And even Bama has had some lulls.

Never surrender, never give up, never quit.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Because they understand the difference between the way the world is and the way they wish the world was.

Again: the team is almost EXACTLY at it's historical average. That is: since the beginning of Georgia Tech football, it has been, on average, a 7-5 program that loses to UGA.

That's been Georgia Tech for generations. To act like being 7-5 and losing to UGA is somehow a death spiral, when in fact it is 100% par for the course for the program is akin to getting mad at a high jumper because he can't fly.
Then why even compete ? Let’s just be happy with the way things are ! I’m glad you don’t run a business for me

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
True but it bugs me to no end that we played so poorly in that Pitt game. Win that one and we would have had an outstanding year regardless of what we did with Clemson and UGA. The first half of that game was about as bad as it gets considering who we were playing.
I'm with you on that. Laying an egg in the first half of that game cost us the Coastal.