UGA Postgame Discussion

Tell me why James Graham was not the QB the second half the game was over but in his usual stubborn way CPJ did not play him .This is the main thing I have against CPJ I believe you could have tommy Frazier on the bench and CPJ would not play him because he’s so stubborm
At that point, playing Graham would have only increased the odds of him getting injured. The game was out of reach; Graham could not have saved us. Would he have gained some valuable experience? Possibly, but the chance of injury outweighs that. If TQM had gotten injured, then we would have gone to Oliver, but he would not have been able to save us either. I would rather have a healthy Oliver, Graham, and Johnson next year (hopefully) than run the risk of getting Oliver or Graham injured like Johnson and not even being able to play next year.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for finding this. In order to even be in the top 25 we would need over $4M per year. A lot of head coaches with experience will not want to take the difficult path that Georgia Tech forces due to academics . It will greatly limit our coaching search. Just like calculus hinders our recruiting.

Not only does the tough academic requirements hinder our recruiting, it will also hinder any coaching search. People who are thinking, just get a new coach and life will be great again, live in a world of rainbows and unicorns.

What does being given a dozen years for 50% say to a potential coach.

Only pressure is what he puts on himself.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I must be deluding myself because I look at what Coach Pastner’s vision for the basketball team and I see a program that will compete for ACC titles and NCAA titles if the puzzle pieces fit.

I look at CPJ and I don’t see a vision. I see a guy whose system is built to bring in 3* recruits, win 7 games, and maybe luck into a few wins for an ACCCG appearance and could continue doing that for the next 20 years. And quite frankly, I have higher aspirations than that.
Dude I’m no basketball expert but if Pastner has us competing for any sort of ACC title in the next 8 years I’ll kiss his butt at the McTit on live tv. His claim to fame is recruiting and he’s not exactly lighting it up. Maybe he’s running too many midlines?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Poor effort today all the way around. I think our Coach played scared and told his defense early on, "I do not have any confidence in you" by going for it on fourth down several times with poor field position. Yeah they have better talent than we do but it could have been a more competitive game with better effort and coaching. At the end of the day I still love the Yellow Jackets and we just have to flush this one and get ready for a bowl game and hopefully a bit of redemption for the 2018 team.

Next year is new year and a new opportunity. Looking forward to it.

Go Jackets!

if you were coach, would you have had confidence in the D today? Not much I saw today showed me that we could stop them.

(btw I still "liked" the post)

We, the fans, need to flush this and get on supporting the team and GT Sports.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
To clear up any questions you may have about moderator actions tonight...
No Personal Attacks.
Do not post personal attacks on other members, our former or current players, recruits, as well as the GT administrative and coaching staff. There are ways to disagree with someone or an idea but still be civil about it in public discourse. We are not like other fans that like to bark at each other. For a better definition of personal attacks, please see ad hominem and no personal attacks.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
A younger coach that runs it out of the pistol or shotgun. It's worked for Auburn and he'll Georgia southern did that too. Makes the transition easier for the players too and we would have a passing threat again
Wth would you want another option coach ?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
To clear up any questions you may have about moderator actions tonight...
No Personal Attacks.
Do not post personal attacks on other members, our former or current players, recruits, as well as the GT administrative and coaching staff. There are ways to disagree with someone or an idea but still be civil about it in public discourse. We are not like other fans that like to bark at each other. For a better definition of personal attacks, please see ad hominem and no personal attacks.
Sorry if I have broken these rules. I'm still a little surly from last night. I apologize if I've been out of line

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Tell me why James Graham was not the QB the second half the game was over but in his usual stubborn way CPJ did not play him .This is the main thing I have against CPJ I believe you could have tommy Frazier on the bench and CPJ would not play him because he’s so stubborm

Because he hasn't practiced regularly with the first team O and limited play book opportunities.

Please don't tell us you really think that the staff doesn't start the players they think that five us the best opportunity to win (unless they are hurt or under some restriction).

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
What does being given a dozen years for 50% say to a potential coach.

Only pressure is what he puts on himself.

That does not even make the top 10 things a potential new coach will think about if he wants to come here as a negative. If anything it would be a strong positive. It says if you come here we will be patient with you should there be issues. We will give you time to get your system going.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Dude I’m no basketball expert but if Pastner has us competing for any sort of ACC title in the next 8 years I’ll kiss his butt at the McTit on live tv. His claim to fame is recruiting and he’s not exactly lighting it up. Maybe he’s running too many midlines?

Or maybe the scandal affected his last recruiting class. He brought in a top 100 players last year and was in it for ta top 5 player in Little. That is far better than anything Johnson has done.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I heard this when Ross was hired and we all know how that turned out . The right coach that can recruit and get good asst coaches in here will make a lot of difference.
Coaching certainly can make a difference but 2018 is much different from 1990. We also went 8-5 the next year losing to every ranked opponent except Stanford in the bowl game.

The environment has really changed in college football. I just don’t think what you could do 5-6 decades ago when I was growing up can be repeated using the same formula. I suppose it’s possible but in my opinion those odds are a lot longer now.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
A younger coach that runs it out of the pistol or shotgun. It's worked for Auburn and he'll Georgia southern did that too. Makes the transition easier for the players too and we would have a passing threat again

Coincidentally Auburn also got blown out by their rival today.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I don't think it wrong for us to want to be competitive and not be embarrassed be uga and Clemson year after year now or get an acc championship, but we also need to be realistic . To get to that point it's gonna take more that coaching changes or added.resources for the current coaches.