UGA Postgame Discussion

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I really don't understand the animus towards Peterson. Could he do more? Hell if I know, but he's at every Tech game, along with his wife, and in appearances I have attended, he always speaks of athletics in one form or another.

Because he needs to do more for athletics. Whether people feel their degree is threatened is an issue with them, and because that is still part of his job.

Because he, afaik, has twice had groups of people he hired steal from GT / the taxpayers / and the state.

He has ignored too many students from the state of Ga in favor of foreign students.

He has discriminated against certain student groups.

After 57 years of blindly supporting everything done on North Ave. the days of automatically accepting that which GT sells are over to me.

Results are necessary, and excuses are no longer acceptable.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I must be deluding myself because I look at what Coach Pastner’s vision for the basketball team and I see a program that will compete for ACC titles and NCAA titles if the puzzle pieces fit.

I look at CPJ and I don’t see a vision. I see a guy whose system is built to bring in 3* recruits, win 7 games, and maybe luck into a few wins for an ACCCG appearance and could continue doing that for the next 20 years. And quite frankly, I have higher aspirations than that.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Buddy. I’ll slow it down for you. My frustration doesn’t come from this game. It comes from being 24-24 over the past 4 years. Missing 2 bowl games after going to 18 straight. We haven’t been ranked since the second week of 2015. From 05-11 we were ranked in the top 15 at some point in each season. I know this tech thing is new to you but we have historically been better than these last 4 years. IThe program is moving in the wrong direction. Take out Johnsons 1st 2 years with Gailey’s players and Johnson is below our historical standards. Time for a change. But don’t worry. UVA is improving. You have a lot to look forward to.

The thing is, You HAVEN'T been better historically. You have gone through relatively short stretches of being better, you have also going through relatively short stretches of being worse.

Historically, both this year, and in the past few years, you're right about on historical average. Yes, if you specifically choose 4 years, you're slightly below averge, but if you choose 3 years, or 5 years, you're not.

I don't know you, but it strikes me that you choose 4 years so you can get both bad years, but not include one of the good years, and that's dishonest, and should be beneath you.

northgajacket

Banned
The thing is, You HAVEN'T been better historically. You have gone through relatively short stretches of being better, you have also going through relatively short stretches of being worse.

Historically, both this year, and in the past few years, you're right about on historical average. Yes, if you specifically choose 4 years, you're slightly below averge, but if you choose 3 years, or 5 years, you're not.

I don't know you, but it strikes me that you choose 4 years so you can get both bad years, but not include one of the good years, and that's dishonest, and should be beneath you.

Doesn’t mean you can’t strive to be better.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I must be deluding myself because I look at what Coach Pastner’s vision for the basketball team and I see a program that will compete for ACC titles and NCAA titles if the puzzle pieces fit.

I look at CPJ and I don’t see a vision. I see a guy whose system is built to bring in 3* recruits, win 7 games, and maybe luck into a few wins for an ACCCG appearance and could continue doing that for the next 20 years. And quite frankly, I have higher aspirations than that.
And Pastner is whiffing on every recruit possible as well. It must be because of his outdated offense.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ll answer. The reason I don’t advocate firing the coach is people act like this is a panacea. I’ve seen coaches come and go yet the basic equation never changes. Now if Stansbury steps up and says here’s my strategy to turn our sports programs around and it includes the multitude of beaten dead reasons AND it includes a staff change well then I’ll bite.

If you just want to go fishing for a messiah to lead us to the promised land, we’ll that’s only happened once in the history of the world. Look around. It’s the rinse and repeat cycle that every program ranked from about 10-80 is
locked into. Thee’s a reason why they’re all mired in the same rut, plus or minus a win or two per year that we’re in. There is no messiah to fix what is largely institutional or major structural problems at those 70 odd schools.
I heard this when Ross was hired and we all know how that turned out . The right coach that can recruit and get good asst coaches in here will make a lot of difference.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Agree with both sides, and I'm open to a change, maybe a younger option coach. But reality is even a new coach is going to run into the same gtaa issues as cpj and we're going to be right here bitching again in a few years
Buddy. I’ll slow it down for you. My frustration doesn’t come from this game. It comes from being 24-24 over the past 4 years. Missing 2 bowl games after going to 18 straight. We haven’t been ranked since the second week of 2015. From 05-11 we were ranked in the top 15 at some point in each season. I know this tech thing is new to you but we have historically been better than these last 4 years. IThe program is moving in the wrong direction. Take out Johnsons 1st 2 years with Gailey’s players and Johnson is below our historical standards. Time for a change. But don’t worry. UVA is improving. You have a lot to look forward to.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck

So let’s just keep the status quo & keep being this way ! What a winners attitide ! He’s right we’re going backwards

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer

I chose 4 years because that is the point when I think the program started going in the wrong direction. There is nothing dishonest about that. I started there because that was the first time we missed a bowl game in 18 years.

And let me apologize for my tone with you. I sneed to change that and will. I love Mendenhall I would change coaches with you in a heartbeat.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Agree with both sides, and I'm open to a change, maybe a younger option coach. But reality is even a new coach is going to run into the same gtaa issues as cpj and we're going to be right here bitching again in a few years

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Wth would you want another option coach ?

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I chose 4 years because that is the point when I think the program started going in the wrong direction. There is nothing dishonest about that. I started there because that was the first time we missed a bowl game in 18 years.

And let me apologize for my tone with you. I sneed to change that and will. I love Mendenhall I would change coaches with you in a heartbeat.
Right back at you. I'd trade Mendenhall for Johnson in a heartbeat.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer

Cool. What are you willing to do to achieve those results beyond ***** on a message board?