TStan wants your feedback: Branded Items at Retail

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Real yellow jackets might have a goldish tint, rather than pure yellow, but they definitely have no navy on them. They are black and yellow/gold, and that's why IMO Navy should NEVER have been made our secondary color.

Understand, but the Yellow Jacket (like the Bee) was not meant to bee our mascot either.

It referred to an article of clothing.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Interesting that they included Buzz Gold, since, yes, per the new style guidelines is no longer supposed to be used. Second thoughts about the new Tech Gold?

Regardless, I made sure to tell them to give us more Buzz Gold and Navy.

LOL. I kid.
About the Tech Gold! Or about Navy (aka SSTOM Blue)?

Last edited:

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Do you think the gear worn by Clemson and Tenn and Texas fans, or even that worn by Bama or mutt fans is "attractive"? I can assure you that, other than possibly the mutt fans who have no taste at all, those other fans don't worry about whether it is attractive or not, and generally speaking it is NOT attractive. But they wear it anyway, and they wear it PROUDLY. Why can't Tech fans do the same?

Honestly, yes, I think the Texas gear & branding is attractive.

The reason is the simplicity & the logo. They have made a ton of $ off it even in their down years.

I believe they have plenty of gray, pink and black items in their bookstore - but come game day it is Burnt Orange & White.

When it comes to logos, we have one as good as ANY in college sports. As good as the Texas logo. But for 52 years we have managed NOT to capitalize on it like we should. One year in the mid 80's we even took it off our helmet.

As for the elegant simplicity of a , for instance Texas uni, we have 2 problems

In the modern era we have never had a leader step up and say "THIS is Old Gold! THIS is our Burnt Orange. THIS is our Crimson." And make the Gold contrasty, sharp, unique, viewable, marketable, and good looking without blue or black trim. But that would require smarts and work.

And that same lack of leadership has led to honeycomb unis, stinger striping, ugly azz Fonts. And changing them almost yearly.

We could have an elegantly branded W/G/W, G/W/G, or W/W/W uni.

We choose not to.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Do you think the gear worn by Clemson and Tenn and Texas fans, or even that worn by Bama or mutt fans is "attractive"? I can assure you that, other than possibly the mutt fans who have no taste at all, those other fans don't worry about whether it is attractive or not, and generally speaking it is NOT attractive. But they wear it anyway, and they wear it PROUDLY. Why can't Tech fans do the same?

Can’t speak for Texas. Or Clemson, but Tide and Vol fans love their swag.

I want to buy more Tech gear but the adidas hats are so cheaply made it’s embarrassing. I will only buy my colors of white and gold if its a quality well made product.

For a school that once taught textiles, we have a lot of crappy merchandise out there.

Kcsunshine

Georgia Tech Fan
Oh my did I give them a piece of my mind hahaha.

Why is the YELLOW buzz still an option on logos??????? I thought this was about branding???? Gold, white and navy going forward. Stop with the yellow.

And the tech T I want that in GOLD not yellow

I TOTALLY AGREE-perfectly stated!! So tired of all the freaking YELLOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kcsunshine

Georgia Tech Fan
GT Colors

e4c69e2e14b4c6f0c130ed831890db00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
The Ramblin' Wreck is gold and Buzz is yellow and black. That's the way it's always been, and that's the way it should stay.

And, oh how I wish our "new gold" matched the Ramblin' Wreck gold. It is the right shade, but much, much lighter than the RW, in my opinion. Also, looked back at photos of the RW in the 1960's, and the color has been changed.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I went ahead and took the survey, but I doubt my responses will help.

I have a simple way to buy "Tech apparel". I go to the store, I find a shirt that I could wear every day and uses Tech colors, and I buy it. That's what I wear to the games. I see no reason to buy "specially branded" Tech wear when I can buy more generally useful stuff.

I do, however, have to buy the hats. I wear them all the time.